Donated - but can I also WOO HOO?!

Dear Dr. Bob, first of all - as promised i donated 100$ and i am happy too read about all the organizations you support with your foundation. My sincere respect.

Well here my story, i had a few negative rapid test at 6,8 and 10 weeks. Which made me feel pretty confident. So i went to a testing clinic to get my "final" test, which was at exactly 100 days after a brief broken condom episode and it came back as non reactive. They used the Oraquick blood test but not the advanced version. Can i still be confident about the negative result?! I read many conflicting information about its reliability and also the test center took another blood sample for laboratory testing (they do that for all negative or positive rapid tests though).

Can i be confident that the result will no change? I was initially in WOO HOO mood but now a bit afraid again. :(

Thanks for your help again, Mark

Hey Mark,

Repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 10 weeks are extremely encouraging but not yet definitive.

Negative OraQuick tests are considered to be true negatives. The blood sample was taken in case your OraQuick was positive; in which case a confirmatory Western Blot test would have been immediately performed.

Your fears are unwarranted Mark. The odds are now astronomical that you have not contracted HIV.

Thank you for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and urgently needed. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive 12-week HIV-antibody test remains negative.

Concerned after syphilis treatment
sickle cell and HIV