Rheumatic Fever and Delayed Seroconversion

Hi Dr. Bob,

Thanks in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer my question. I just want you to know that I appreciate the job that you're doing in this website.

Anyway, my question is, "Does having rheumatic fever and anemia delay HIV seroconversion"? I had a risky experience November of last year and since then I've had 3 antibody tests. The first one was after 28 days, the second after 83 days, and the last after 126 days. Thankfully, they all came out non reactive. However, I'm worried that having rheumatic fever and anemia could have affected the results. Am I just being paranoid or do I need to get tested again? Thanks again Dr. Bob.

Paranoid, definitely paranoid.

Rheumatic fever and anemia do not affect HIV test results or delay seroconversion. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 126 days are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. No further HIV testing is warranted. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing, OK?

Help I am so scared - third time
French Aussie with a Donation -- Our Money is good too :) or maybe you would like a kangaroo!!