The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help I am so scared - third time

Sep 28, 2010

I ate spicy meatballs then masturbated on my hand and now I am scared. Can you answer these questions please I am desperate? Does eating spicy meatballs increase your chance of getting hiv? If I already have hiv can I give it to my hand? If my hand gets hiv can I cut it off and keep the uninfected parts of me safe? I got tested 5 minutes after it that long enough to know for sure?

The real question is when are you going to get tired of contributing to the madness that this board represents? Do these people a favor and act like a professional.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Contributing to the madness? Hmm . . . . I'm quite certain the "madness" is already present when the questions arrive in my mailbox. My job is to defuse unwarranted worry and anxiety with scientific fact, sound reasoning and common sense and sometimes with a dash of wit or humor tossed in for good measure. I'm not sure how that contributes to the madness. Myth, misinformation, stigma and irrational fears contribute to the madness, not sound scientific facts, OK?

Act like a professional??? Again, I'm not sure what you mean or want from me. Shall I wear a white coat and hang my stethoscope around my neck while typing these responses?

Finally, regarding your spicy meatballs questions: yes, I can; no, no, no and no!

Dr. Bob

You are still here?
Rheumatic Fever and Delayed Seroconversion

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint