One more test needed?

Dear, Dr.Bob:

I think you will let this question pass but I will still take a chance that you will answer this and pass on your good luck karma to me.

I do not remember the last time I wrote to you but it has been a while. However, to recap I tested negative twice - once in Feb 2009 (96 days) and again in Feb 2010. Both were ELFA tests.

However, this month I have been very ill - viral, cough, cold, congestion and chills - all together. This has scared the bejeezus out of me. I am wondering if this has anything to do with late seroconversion, I understand having read your articles that it cannot be as I am outside the window period and there are bound to be antibodies after such a long period post incident. Still wondering if I need to test again?

I remember you mentioning in one of your posts that repeated testing for HIV may at some time through up a false positive and it could be very psychologically very scary. Please let me know if my condition warrants any further testing in the current situation. I am a little worried about my condition.

A reply is much appreciated.

Thanks and warm wishes, xobninbox

Hello xobninbox,

Your repeated negative HIV ELFA tests out beyond a year from your potential exposure are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. But you probably knew all this already, right? Of course you did.

Stop worrying about an illness you could not possibly have.

KS Treatment 2010
IS THE HIV PATIENT CURED FROM HIV