Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have LITERALLY bet my life
Sep 26, 2010

Dr.Bob,

I am a forty-four year old man who has had a pretty tough life, especially due to bad relationships, financial misadventures and degenerative gambling. While on a trip to Thailand with three well-to-do gents, a conversation arose as to which one of us had the biggest balls, pardon the pun. I ended up making a bet with the three that after having both unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse with 10 different Thai sex-workers, I would not test positive for HIV after three months. If I win that bet, they will pay me $100,000. If I lose...well I guess you know the stakes there...In any event, they paid for the hookers ($300 each for the unprotected sex after going thru about 25 of them. Most of the refusals were only about the unprotected anal). I kept my end of the bargain.

My question is simply: could you give me a ballpark guess on my chances of ending up HIV positive thru this incident. I do believe that despite the recklessness I still am a favorite to win the bet.

Thanks, Betting it all in Thailand

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If indeed your story is true (a very, very big "if," I might add), all I can say is that your lifelong string of extremely bad and self-destructive decisions is continuing. You can the review the per-act risk for acquiring HIV from your reckless "one night in Bangkok" banging cock experience in the archives of this forum. I see no reason to spend any more of my time on your deliberate decision to play sexual Russian Roulette.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Finger in that place...
Next
I love Dr. Bob! Donation made

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.