DR Bob, why wont you answer me? im hurting.

Hi dr. I'm trying over and over again and can't take this mental distress any long. I have just a few questions and this will be it for me.

1.If folliculitis is linked to hiv, when would this occur after infection? Years? Also would there be other things going on and not just folliculitis?

2. I read about guy who never tested pos and advanced to aids in 5 years. Is this true? If so how does this happen? I would rather not take a pcr test i f I don't need to but at this point I sort of feeling like I do need one now and the antibody tests are useless. I've tested neg multiple times ICMA at 1 year 3 months.

Please please please answer my questions. I am willing to donate again if that's what it takes, ide rather pay donation than for pcr. Thankyou dr

See below!

HELP dr Bob, im losing it. ready to donate yet again! Sep 20, 2010

Hi dr bob, this is another try to reach you...I may have to fly and track you down. I'm having really hard time dealing with some things that are going on, I am starting to get more and more depressed and having slight suicidle thoughts. Please please just help me sir.

I'm having issues with what I think is folliculitis, hair folliules on leg get little red no pus but when I pick at it the ones on leg or where ever seem to scar up and the discolorization stays for a while. So this leads to my questions at hand.

1. If folliculitis is linked to hiv (from what I read) when would this occur after being infected ...years?

2. If linked would that be the only symptom acuired at that point to get folliculitis or would there be other things going on.

3. Had a negative test multiple times now and my last 2 being at 11 half months and one at 1 year 3 months. Both ICMA both hiv 1 o 2. I took twice beyond 6 months to make sure no lab errors. I feel as if there may be a chance to take longer because of certain peoples stories of taking yearssssss...I feel now I need a pcr test, I can't go through this pain anymore. Please dr explain and set me straight.

I've donated once before and ready to donate again, you guided me once and please do it again...I'm going NUTS!

Hello Going NUTS,

"slight suicidle thoughts"??? What are those???

1. First, it's important to point out that the vast, vast, vast majority of cases of folliculitis have nothing to do with HIV! The cases that are associated with HIV can occur at any time during the course (for example, eosinophilic folliculitis).

There would be "other things going on."

3. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests, including a PCR, are warranted.

My advice is simple: Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. See a dermatologist if your folliculitis is bothersome or persistent!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed, you are well.)

HIV positive spouse
Condom broke with a HIV+ Woman and My results came back negative