HIV positive spouse

I have recently learned that my spouse has been living a double life. He contracted HIV from a male partner 10 weeks ago. He has had numerous male and female partners throughout our marriage. He last tested negative for HIV about 8 months ago. My husband and I had unprotected sex one week prior to his positive diagnosis (with pull out method). I had the PCR test completed two weeks post contact, which came back negative. I am now waiting results for the 4 week post labs (HIV-1 RNA). I am told that after this 4 week test, I can be almost 98% assured of the results (but they will test me again at 3 and 6 months with the ELISA).

Does this sound accurate to you? I was also breastfeeding at the time of exposure, but my doctor has chosen to not have the baby tested, unless of course my results come back positive. Thank you in advance.

I agree with the plan to get ELISA tests at three and six months to confirm your negative status. I also agree it's not necessary to test your baby unless you test positive. I would discontinue breastfeeding until your negative status is confirmed.

Me Love you long time, or so she said
DR Bob, why wont you answer me? im hurting.