Please respond, second request

Hi Doc,

I am the guy who had posted " Please read this, might help many people, not neglect this". I had asked a doubt regarding ECLIA test few days back. I am not finding a response in your forum. I am asking the same question again.

1. I got the results of the test as Non-Reactive, HIV 1 & 2. Just wanted to clarify how much reliable the tests are(tests taken after 10 months). Please help, as i am not finding much information about ECLIA on the web.

And i am realy sorry regarding the religious comments i made in the previous post, i never intented to hurt the feelings of any one(Is that the reason behind you not replying, is it because i made a very foolish comment)I am sorry if i had hurt your feelings or the feelings of any of my friends in this community.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Apology accepted, although you really didn't hurt my feelings. I was just trying to point out an aspect of HIV infection that you (and many others) failed to acknowledge.

The reason I didn't reply to your question -- and so many others -- is that the information and reassurance you requested was already waiting for you in the archives. See below. Your 10-month negative ECLIA is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able, OK?

What is E.C.L.I.A??? Is this test reliable? Nov 1, 2007

Hello Doc, during a risk encounter with a girl, the condom broke briefly (about 10 seconds). This was 90 days ago, and after reading all the posts and your answers I did 2 4th generation tests at 21 days and at 9 weeks, both of them Negative.

Yesterday, after 89 days, I took the final test: it was Negative too, and it was a blood analysis with "electro chemical luminescence" or something like that (called E.C.L.I.A).

After 89 days of waiting...

1. Is this definitive? Should I retest? (I hope not becouse of 1 day!)

2. Is this kind of blood test reliable? (it's suposed to be a 4th generation test: HIV 1+2 and p24 antigen)

3. How can I donate? You have helped me a lot.

Thank you very much for your answer, I didn't found anything related to this in the old posts.

1. I cannot change the published guidelines that state HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. However, personally, I would consider your negative fourth generation tests at 3 and 9 weeks and an 89-day negative ECLIA following a 10-second (condom failure) exposure to be definitive and conclusive. Go ahead and WOO-HOO!

2. ECLIA is Electrochemiluminescence immunoassay. Yes, it's not only reliable, it's a really, really good word if you're playing Scrabble.

3. Just sign on to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org and click on the donate tab. There you'll find all the information for making tax-deductible donations using credit cards, PayPal, check, direct wire transfer, checks, money orders, etc.

Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible gift to help those in desperate need.

Stay well!

Please read this, might help many people, not neglect this Sep 13, 2010

Hi Doc,

I Hope u had a good vactaion. If you could please share this with all my friends online. Just wanted to say what i feel.

Guys I am a HIV negative, you might ask whats the big deal in that or what am i doing here. So for all those people who have that thought, please read the below events of my life.

I work for a Research team in Chennai (India), i had been in relationship with a HIV positive girl from Feb 2009 till aug 2009, i loved her a lot so her HIV+ did not mean anything to me. And the stupid thing that i ever did was sex without protection. She did not want to have sex without protection, i compelled her (because i wanted to be positive just like her) and we had sex without protection, not once, not twice, but for 6 months on all weekends. Used to wear condom only during her periods. Everything was going well and fine, but after June, she was getting too much irritated for no reason and shouting at me and we had to break up finally.

My famliy financial situation got worse and i planned to travel to UAE for a better earning, and HIV+ ppl are not allowed in UAE. So in September 2009 i went and had a blood test (Elisa) and it came out negative. I was happy that i did not get the Virus and god did not punish me. For some family probems i was not able to travel to UAE in 2009.

I never had any symptoms of HIV infection (or did i not notice???) till date. My cousin lives there (UAE) and he invited me to join him in his business, so i am planning to go to UAE. Even in 2009, i have read articles and blogs in this community, so i wanted to chk if my negative in September can be conclusive. So i went across all the testimonials by friends in this website and i understood abt the "window" period. I had done a test just after 6 weeks of coming into contact with the virus (the last unprotected sex i had with her was 6 weeks before my last ELISA test in 2009).

I was struck (might be by a lightening), because i was not sure if my test results in Sep 2009 was accurate and also all my dreams of a good career and family was at risk. But i made up my mind to do a test and find out the result. So on 10th Sep 2010, i went and had a Elisa test again, the lab assistant told me that the reults would be ready by the same evening and i can collect the results after 7 PM (IST), my shift ends only by 9.30PM (IST), i did not want to wait till the next day to get the results. Because for the past few days i was not able to eat properly, sleep properly and work properly, so i just wanted to know the results, hence i called the lab around 4.30 PM (IST). And the response i got from the Girl at the lab made me even tensed, she told me that i can collect the results on 11'th sept and the results were not yet ready. Now i felt that the result have shown up as positive and thats why the girl did not want to inform over phone. I told that girl that i had to go on a business trip on 11th Sept and hence i wanted to know the resuilts the same evening. She said that she will call me back after 6.30 PM (IST) once the results come in. And from 4.30 IST to 6.30 IST, i felt as if i was sitting on a hot stove. Since there was no call till 6.45 PM IST. I called the lab and the girl told me that the results have come in and it was a "NEGATIVE".I told her that i will collect the results on 11th as my trip had been cancelled.

Now folks, just wanted to share these things with you, you might have heard this a hundred times, but let me reiterate

1. Never have unprotected sex with anyone, even if you are madly in love with that person. First know their HIV status and then take a step forward, coz this life that we have is given by god and we dont have any rights to mis-use it. (some positive people might question the presence of god because they have been infected, but just think about the way u got infected and ask yourself "what does god have to do with this??? was it not my mistake to use needles or have unprotected sex???")

2. Please dont go by any symptoms, please dont panic for any fever or swollen Lymphnodes or any kind of symptoms. PLEASE GET TESTED.

3. Please dont listen to any third person who says abt HIV, just listen to your Doctor.

And one final thing, as Doc. Robert J. Frascino always says, "God has given man/woman Brain and Penis/Pussy, but unfortunately blood flows only to one part at a time" So during sex, make sure that blood flows only to your brain and have a protected sex.

Hey Doc, hope you will publish this, just wanted to tell you this, i will keep visiting this site whenever i get a chance. And doc, i will donate to yor foundation once i make enough money or once i become financially sound to donate.

Thanks and i pray for your well being and for the well being of all my friends on this website who are leading a POSITIVE life

"BEING POSITIVE IS NOT ONE'S PROBLEM, BUT LEAVING A NEGATIVE LIFE AFTER BEING POSITIVE IS"

Sure, I'll post your comment; however, I must disagree with some of the god-related innuendos in your comments. Remember, there are many folks living with HIV who did not "mis-use" their lives! Me, for instance! I acquired HIV from an occupational exposure. Others acquired it from blood transfusion or via mother-to-child transmission, etc.

Origins of HIV and food
question about pcr and antibody testing