This question I think everyone wants to know...

Hi Dr.,

So last night, while out cruising in a park, met up with a guy. We got to playing around a bit, stroking and the sorts, and he gave me oral sex for a minute. He then wanted to have anal sex with me. He had a few condoms with him and some lube. I know he had the condom on because I put the lube on him and in my anus. He then proceeded to do his thing with me. When he was finished, he pulled out and took the condom off (which I saw).

So I know this seems like a very boring question, and the internet is full of sketchy answers, but I do trust you and your opinion for that matter.

Should I be getting and HIV test 3 months down the road because of THIS specific encounter? What are the probabilities of HIV transmission? How risky (a term that I hate) is anal sex with a condom? And as far as I know, the condom did not break while he was inside me as i didn't feel anything hot flow into me (aka, you know what I mean).

Thanks for taking the time to answer this very original question. I appreciate your work sir!

"This question I think everyone wants to know . . ."???? Hmm. Why is that? Do you really think everyone wants to hear the details of your "into the woods" sexcapades? I'm not so sure.

Regarding HIV risk, unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very low risk for acquiring the virus. Protected sex is indeed protected assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

Regarding HIV testing, routine STD screening every 6 to 12 weeks is recommended for sexually active folks with multiple partners. I'm assuming this isn't your first stroll through the sex park, right?

Play safe and you'll stay safe.

Follow up HIV OCD.
Increased rate of infection