Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Lab Technician in Need! Donation will follow :)

Hi doc! I'm a female lab technician. We deal with human blood specimens for HIV testn pregnancy tests and so on. Here's my worry; I was trying to open a package the other day using a pen, and the pen stabbed me and pierced my skin and made it bleed! What if the pen tip touched hiv infected blood specimen, then pierced through my skin and made me bleed?? I don't know how long the pen was out for! Is this a risk or my ocd?? What should I do? Pep? Thanks doctor! I'll be sending my donation!

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the pen puncture is nonexistent. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. PEP is certainly not indicated.

re: Something Infectious...I'm positive there is something wrong with me
Drug resistance to Trioumune?