I HOPE I HAVEN'T OUTPOSTED MYSELF - I PROMISE THIS IS THE FINALLY !! ONE LAST ADDITION - SORRY &TY

Dr. Bob,

I ask this below in my last post -- just so I can get rid of my fear of touching others - no matter what shape they are in unless in the situation is as described below. It's hard not to touch other people and try to live out the rest of your life. It almost is costing me my marriage. I guess that is why you dont see this virus being transmitted in sports. I just want to get my life back on track and know if what is written below - How true it is. I am going to be 50 in October so I don't even know how all this worrying started and accelerated up in the first place. I would not want anybody else to go through this - so maybe this post will help others. Thank You.

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thank You for telling me to seek therapy. It is helping me out a ton.

I do have a question though.

My therapist told me about the 3 ways to get the HIV virus ... then I was wondering like a scratch, scrape, pulled back nail or skin, healing little cuts, nicks, scratches ,, all things like that and touching others that might have the same thing going on (like the same hand or fingers that touch each other),,, and here is what was told to me. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF A PERSON IS HIV+ Here is the only question you have to ask yourself! 1.)Is she right on this even if a person has the HIV+ virus?

She asked, Did the other person have a Perfusively Open Bleeding wound that was dripping IMMEDIATELY into your Perfusively Open Bleeding Wound? The answer is NO. So she said then its absolutely impossible to get the HIV virus. Because you're not going to touch anybody that is Perfusively bleeding.

2.)Is this right on this? --- In any other situation other than what she just told me it is as Dr. Bob would say "Nonexistent". Can you use that word in my answer this case. I guess meaning it is then Nonexistent so I can drill this into my head. If you tell me it is Non-existent then I BELIEVE!!

I am not a drug user, I do not share needles, I am married and we both are with nobody else (or have been). We are both Negative.

I am just always worried about touching others - handshaking and things like that. 3.) Should I be? Unfortunately, I have a job where I should be handshaking. And touching food, plates, and money is another thing that gets me anxious because it is dirty and touched by others. Coming from their possession right directly into my possession.

Thank You - My quarterly donation is on its way, Michael

Hello Michael,

I'm delighted you are seeing a therapist and that you are finding it so helpful. Michael there is no doubt your problem is psychological/psychiatric, not virological!

Regarding your specific questions:

1. Yes, I absolutely agree with your therapist.

2. Yes, she is correct.

The HIV-acquisition risk from the activities you mention -- touching others; handshaking; touching food, plates and money -- is absolutely nonexistent. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. See below. Your concerns remain unwarranted and irrational. Michael continue to work closely with your therapist. Print out a copy of this post and my reply and show it to her at the time of your next appointment.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Im so scared (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010) Apr 14, 2010

I am 29 years old with 3 children and a husband. I just found out today that my father who has been living with me for 2 months has HIV. I need to know what kind of precautions should I take with my kids and the family being around him?

Aside from avoiding blood from a fresh wound, really not much. HIV is not transmitted via casual contact. (See below.)

Make sure your father is seeing an HIV specialist physician. You could go with him to his next visit and discuss any further concerns you may have in person with his doctor.

Re: HIV transmission Risk, WILL DONATE (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010) Mar 18, 2010

Hi Doc,

I just thought of another question after typing my original ones (below). #4. Would the fact that I get Cold Sores occasionally make it more likely for me to transmit HIV in the below circumstances? Specifically the one with the milk? I have read that Herpes makes it easier to contract HIV. Thanks again! I will be sure to donate to your cause.

Recently, I spent a weekend with a friend who is of unknown HIV status. (I do know that she recently - within the last two months - had unprotected sex with someone who is of unknown status as well). My question relates to my risk of exposure and transaction through non-sexual means. A few of the incidents from this weekend are listed below and they have me very concerned (perhaps quite ignorantly):

1. My dog was vigorously sniffing/nuzzling her crotch while she was only wearing panties, then about an hour and a half later put his nose on my arm where I had a small cut. Could my dog have potentially gotten some "vaginal secretions" on his nose, then gotten them into my blood via my cut, exposing me to HIV?

2. My friend had a two small cuts on her hand. One of which had a scab, and the other was slightly scabbed and she kept a bandaid and neosporin on it for the majority of her stay. I never saw any overt blood on anything in my house, but if she had picked the scabs and a small piece somehow got on my hand or my boyfriend's hand, could we infect ourselves by wiping/ going to the bathroom? What about when we had sex later in the day?

3. Lastly, my friend drank out of a carton of milk I had. 3 days later (today) I used the same milk on my cereal. After eating, I noticed what tasted like a little blood in my mouth (I think I cut myself on my cereal). Is there any chance the cold temperature of the fridge "preserved" her saliva/HIV in the milk and got into my bloodstream with the food? Will HIV survive in a normal fridge/drinks/food and how long? What about on everyday household items?

I should note that my long term boyfriend (we have both been tested annually and are negative) was also in town this weekend and we had unprotected sex a few times that resulted in chafing/maybe a few small tears on both of our privates. Could this make it more likely for us to contract HIV from sharing the apartment with her?

I apologize if these seem like simple questions, but I am very scared for me and my boyfriend. In your response could you also please explain WHY you answer the way you do - I think it would help my piece of mind to get the info from a Doctor. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Respectfully, Very Nervous

Hello Very Nervous,

1. HIV via canine crotch nuzzling??? Nope! (Nice to know at least Toto got to second base with your gal-pal.)

2. HIV via a small piece of a picked scab finding its way into your next-day nookie or bathroom activities? No, of course not. Frevinsakes!

3. HIV is not transmitted via casual contact (see below), including milk cartons, foods or household items.

4. No, even with cold sores, HIV is not transmitted via casual contact.

I would suggest you spend some time, lots of time, reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Thank You So Much Dr. Bob -- I Love You ,,, And Your Work... PLEASE GET TO ME QUICKLY (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010) Jan 30, 2010

Dr. Bob,

Thank You , Thank You , Thank You.

I am sending a sizeable donation to your foundation

You Saved my marriage and family.

I am going to wait to hear from you once more. Please don't throw me to the Dogs.

I left out one very important detail. I have all cosmetic caps on my teeth because I work in the Entertainment Industry - B Actress -- Just at the SAG Awards.

I have two teeth right next to each other that have very tender gums. Meaning that when I brush they bleed ,, when I push on the gums they bleed and soemtimes probably when I eat they get irritated and tender and could bleed.. Here is my situation. I had eaten a half hour to an hour before I drank out of the HIV + gentlemans glass. What if my gums had bled at the time. I don't know if they did ,, but worse case senerio, what if they had been irritated and bled by those two front teeth, and I drank from the same exact spot on the glass of water that he did. This could change everything.

What are the chances then of getting the HIV virus? Remember -- I drank from the exact same spot as he... not the other side of the glass ,, the same spot.

I am still going to restrain from the family so I do not put them in harms way.

I thank you Dr. Bob for your quick response ,, but please help me with this last situation.

Thank You again,,,, from quite a Hot actress,,, filled with anxiety.

Oh and by the way -- Dr. Bob -- You aren't too bad yourself ,,,, You'd have all the girls knocking at your door !!

Blessings, Carrie

Hello Carrie,

Even with the additional information, your HIV-acquisition risk remains completely nonexistent. You are not putting your family or anyone else in harm's way. I suggest you consider getting help for your anxiety. Anti-anxiety medications and/or psychotherapy can be very helpful.

I did a television commercial with all SAG actors a few years back. It was great fun. Although they weren't pleased that the only non-actor (me) had all the lines!

As for girls, yes, many have knocked, but few have entered.

Be well Carrie. Stop worrying!

Sorry Dr. Bob - I left out a detail !! (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010) Jan 29, 2010

greeting once more Dr. Bob,

In the incident that happened to me below -- My lips were on the same exact spot of the glass that his were on. It sat at least a minute before I picked up the glass.

Here is my situation:

Greetings Dr. Bob,

I hope you can help me with this.

I was at a Business Meeting and I was talking with people. The Gentleman next to me was a HIV + person. As the meeting went along I was not paying attention and I turned around and grabbed his glass (water) and drank from his glass. It was probably set down for a minute.

Dr Bob -- I am really freeeeeked out. I have a raw spot on the side of my tongue when I drank from this HIV + persons glass. It could be a small cut on the side of my tongue from eating or rubbing against my teeth, a blister, a burn,, I don't know it just hurts when I rub my tongue along the side of my teeth. Along with that I have chapped lips form the cold along with a little cold sore from the cold too.

I am so in distress I have been avoiding my family for fear of passing along this virus. My husband is now thinking other things about me because I will not get intimate with him. I just cannot tell them how stupid I was for picking up the wrong glass.

I am scared and for the sake of my family. Please Dr. Bob think of my tongue and my chapped lips with a cold sore on them. Take this into account when you answer my question.

What are my chances of getting the HIV virus from the drinking glass incident. And could you be so kind as to telling me why you would think one way or another. Again, Is there any chance of me getting HIV in this way?

I am having problems now with sleeping nights constantly wondering if I am putting any of my family at any risks.

I Love You and your Work Dr. Bob.

Let me also know where to donate.

Anxiously awaiting ( and I mean anxious ), Carrie

Hello Carrie,

It's always amazing to me that 28 years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic people are still "freeeeeeaking out" about possibly contracting the virus from completely nonexistent risks! Carrie, where have you been for the past several decades that you still harbor such misconceptions about HIV transmission? Questions like yours demonstrate to me that our HIV/AIDS awareness and education programs are no longer effective.

Carrie, you cannot contract HIV from casual contact, such as drinking from the same glass, sharing eating utensils and/or food, using the same bathroom, etc., etc., etc. (See below.) We have monitored HIV-transmission risks for over a quarter of a century. We know exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. I encourage you to peruse the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted, OK?

To sum up, your HIV risk is nonexistent. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No HIV tests are warranted.

Thanks for your desire to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). We will use your donation to help promote HIV/AIDS awareness and education so that others hopefully won't have to endure the unnecessary stress you've been experiencing as a consequence of your non-risk!

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying!

Ongoing fear Oct 25, 2009 I look forward to seeing my hiv+ friend when I return from months of working away from home and it gives us a chance to spend a few months together. We are ex partners and our sexual relationship finished years before he tested positive, although we remained very close. Im afraid though, that despite repeated (negative) testing, I am still very concerned about contact with him. As I say, we do not have a sexual relationship. When we were drinking, I fell and cut my elbow and then shared his bed, I dont think this is a risk in reality but am still a bit worried. Also he has alot of spots on his face which he (may) touches and then prepares food, drinks etc.. Again I feel this is an irrational concern but I continue to worry. I have read on this site about the non existent risks from his new dog and feel confident I can dismiss anxiety about Toto! I feel bad that I have these on going concerns and that my healthcare provider thinks that I am a beyond hope. I have stopped putting myself "at risk" in order to be tested and just wonder how warranted hiv testing is in my situation. As I say, i enjoy spending time with my friend and want to be some kind of support to him (and did some psychology after his diagnosis). Any guidance on what to do next or reassurance on my current fears would be greatly appreciated.

S

Advertisement Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello S,

You state, ". . . I feel this is an irrational concern . . . ." I absolutely agree. All of the situations you discuss in your post are nonexistent risks. Your fears are totally unwarranted. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact (or by canines!). I'll repost below some information from the archives pertaining to casual contact and HIV.

I would suggest you consider getting counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears surrounding HIV.

Livign with an HIV+ friend Sep 30, 2009

I'm living with an HIV+ friend. We have NO sex and share NO needles. But share plates, glasses, utencils, etc. Am I 100% safe?

Yes, absofrickinlutely!

HIV cannot be transmitted by casual contact, including contact with plates, glasses, utensils, or sharing bathrooms, etc. See below.

Child's Casual Contact with HIV infected person Sep 16, 2009

Every week, I bring my two year old with me to visit my grandmother. My cousin also lives with her and is HIV positive. I learned this a few months ago, when he started receiving treatment after actually being categorized as having AIDS. He is doing much better and is now on medication. I was still a little nervous about him holding my son, and my son playing and eating in their household. This is also because he has had recurring staph infections. I did some research and confirmed that casual contact shouldn't pose him any risk to HIV. But to make myself feel more at ease, I brought this issue up with my pediatrician. She seemed disapproving of me bringing my son to visit there and said that most things I mentioned should be fine, but it would be better if I could find someone else to watch my son when I go. (But then my grandmother wouldn't be able to see my son.) Our pediatrician said over and over to watch out for secretions since she didn't know what stage of the disease my cousin was in. I was taken aback and didn't even think to ask specifically what she was talking about. I was really just looking for reassurance, and now am very bothered by this. Was this medical advice or her personal views? The rest of my family will not bring their children to the house. I am trying to be realistic and not overly paranoid. But I still feel uneasy. The thing I am most worried about is that my son got a hold of my cousin's toothbrush and put it in his mouth. I don't think he had it there long and it wasn't wet. What I thought about is what if my cousin has bleeding gums, but then also I realize that the virus couldn't live for long outside the body. What was my pediatrician warning me about with watching out for secretions? What kind of precautions should I take with my son visiting the house, if any? Should I be at all concerned? Thank you!

HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Period.

It's unfortunate that your pediatrician frightened us so unnecessarily. She is obviously misinformed about HIV-transmission risk. The only "secretion" to be at all concerned about would be fresh blood. And even that would have to come into contact with a fresh wound on your son. The chances of this occurring are obviously remote at best. I'll reprint below some information from the archives that addresses casual contact and HIV. You can find additional information in the archives in the chapter on HIV nonsexual transmission. The toothbrush incident was also not a risk for HIV transmission, as it was dry and no blood was involved.

Finally, I should mention the recurrent staph infections could be a problem for you and your son, particularly if your cousin has the methicillin resistant type. He should keep all affected areas well covered when you visit. Frequent and thorough hand washing is advisable. And if you or your son have any scrapes or cuts, those areas should be covered with a bandaid as well.

I encourage you not to close Granny or your cousin out of your and your son's lives. It's unfortunate that the rest of your family is sequestering the children unnecessarily. Please share the information you've garnered with them. Hopefully they will realize their fears are unwarranted.

Young and scared Jul 6, 2009

I know many people donate to this site when asking a question, but I am very young and dont have a credit card or much money, just a fear. My uncle, who has hiv as well as aids, came over today and used my bathroom. about 4 hours later, I went into the bath room, washed my hands, and took a shower. of course to get clean, I had to touch certain areas of my body, including alittle inside the anus, which i think had a cut on it 2 begin with. I know hiv is given through anal sex. If I had touched the bathroom door knob, or sink, or toilet that had semen, blood, or other fluids like urine on it, could I be at risk for hiv since I went into my aunus in the shower? This really sounds silly but it is a concern of mine. Please help, I was told by a friend that this website was good for questions. Should I see a Dr.?

Hi Young and Scared,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. You cannot contract HIV/AIDS form casual contact. It's unfortunate that schools have done such a poor job educating young people about HIV. I'll reprint some basic information about HIV below. Also, I suggest you spend some time reading through the information on this site, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. Don't be afraid of your uncle!

Magnetic Couple (NOT a sex question, I swear!) Jun 1, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob,

You recently answered a question for me about possibly being a magnetic couple. You wished your good karma upon me and it worked! (At least for now, Rapid, Elisa, NAAT all negative at 5 weeks- though I will continue to be tested).

Anyway, as I said in my previous question, my boyfriend was diagnosed with HIV on May 20th. I am pretty confident that I am negative based on the above testing. I love him and want to be with him and be strong for him. Most of the questions on this site involve sex, as HIV is a "sexually" transmitted disease.

My question is this: What are the chances of transmitting HIV infection from living with an HIV positive person? He has/had a pretty high viral load, though it is likely on the decline. How risky is it when we:

1) Closed-mouth kiss on the lips 2) He lays his face on my bare chest 3) I hold him - clothed 4) I kiss his body (not genitals, mostly his trunk) 5) We use the same bathroom and sleep in the same bed 6) He cooks for me 7) I do the dishes (I kinda hope I can tell him this is HIGHLY risky behavior :-) 8) We hug

I am trying to be strong for him and I love him, but in the back of my head all of these non-sexual questions come in to play. I'm worried that somehow I will contract the virus from living with him.

Also, do you know of any books/resources that talk openly about being in a magnetic relationship aside from sexual risk factors? I want to continue to show strength for him but sometimes I get anxious about these low-risk exposures.

Thank you for answering my question. As I did last time, I plan to leave a donation and encourage others to do the same. I'd love to volunteer for this site as well, is there any way to help?

Thanks again,

Magnetic and Worried In LA

HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. (See below.) Addressing your specific questions:

1. No risk. 2. No risk. 3. No risk (clothed or buck naked). 4. No risk. 5. No risk. 6. No risk. 7. No risk. 8. No risk.

As for resources for magnetic couples, check out the archives of this forum. We have a chapter devoted to the subject. As for non-sexual HIV risk, I also suggest you check out the archives, because we have chapters devoted to HIV non-sexual transmission and HIV non-sexual prevention. You could also consider going with your partner when he visits his HIV specialist to discuss any further concerns or worries you both might have pertaining to HIV transmission. The more you understand about HIV transmission, the less anxious you'll be.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Finally, sorry I couldn't help with the dishwashing issue!

Be well.

Grandfather and HIV (CASUAL CONTACT, 2009) Mar 25, 2009

My mom said to email you, I'm 15 and just found out my grandpa has HIV. I'm so scared because my grandpa hugs/holds me for LONG periods of time(like 5 minutes), he also ALWAYS kisses my face, cheeks and when he's hugging/holding me, he kisses the top of my head. My mom says to stop worrying, and I want to get tested now! She said I'm ridiculous and that I'm worried for nothing. This is why she showed me this website. My grandpa used to share drinks with me and hot chocolate from those to go cups from donut places. This was before I knew he had HIV. I'm not sure if any blood was on his lips when he kissed my face and top of head or if I had cuts on my face or head, or when he shared hot chocolate.

If I do get tested can i test 5 months after the last time he held/hugged me or kissed my face and top of head? Will this be definate enough at 5 months?

My mom says she will donate money to you on behalf of me. I don't want to be afraid of my own grandpa!! Please help me.

Your mom is right about this issue! Your fears are completely unwarranted. HIV testing is neither needed nor recommended. HIV cannot be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging, holding, kissing, sharing drinks or food with, or living in the same home with someone who has HIV. (See below.) So many kids would love to have a grandpa who loves them like your does. Not only should you not be afraid of your grandpa; you should stop being so self-centered and selfish and love him back! Yes, at 15 it's time for you to grow up. HIV is real and your grandpa has it. He needs (and deserves) your love, not your irrational fear. Check out the information below and then go give Gramps a big hug and kiss from me, OK?

New Friends have HIV (HIV TRANSMISSION, CASUAL CONTACT) Jul 30, 2008

My wife met a nice couple and we have been hanging out with them. They told her when they first met that they are HIV positive. I know it is just my ignorance of this disease but I admit I'm a little nervous and I shouldn't be. I know most transfers come from sex and blood contact. I just want to make sure we are safe and learn all I can about this. Are there other things we should be on the lookout for when we are at their house or with them?

You're correct. You're a little nervous, but you shouldn't be!!! HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. See below. Also, check out the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to nonsexual HIV prevention.

Enjoy your new friends. Don't let HIV spoil the party.

THANK YOU...you opended my mind (HIV TRANSMISSION, CASUAL CONTACT) Oct 23, 2007

I wrote to you about 3 to four days ago about my fear of contracting hiv by casual contact with my father. Well, I just want to thank you for making me see how wrong and uneducated I was by my behavior and HIV. I know now that with proper percautions I can stay negative but still give the love and support that my dad needs. Yes, if I ever were to contrat the virus I would not like to be descriminated against in any way and specially by my own family. Thank you, for making me understand that HIV is more that a virus...HIV is a virus that inhabits people as me and you. And, this people are heroes for not letting themselves get defested by this disease

I very much appreciate your writing back! I'm delighted you now have a better understanding of what HIV is, what it means to those of us who are infected and how HIV is and is not transmitted. Please "pay it forward" by helping us increase HIV/AIDS awareness in others who may also benefit from such enlightenments. Give your dad a hug from me. OK?

PLEASE RESPOND! I'M OUT OF MY MIND! Oct 18, 2007

My father is a very promiscous man that likes to go to many strip joints and sleep around. He tested positive about 6 months ago and since then I' have lived in total panic. I'm afraid to have casual contact with him. Like every time I give him a kiss on the cheek I freak out if he has a a cut or something. Like today I gave him a kiss on the cheek not notesing that he has a rasor cut on his cheek with dry blood. Or what I think it was dry and I have had chapt lips for a while. So my question is how risky is that? thank you for your time

Let's start with a very basic fact: HIV/AIDS is not transmitted by casual contact. Period! This basic information has been readily available for over a quarter of a century! Your comment, "I'm afraid to have casual contact with him," is alarming and disappointing. It demonstrates once again a significant lack of general and very basic HIV/AIDS knowledge! (I could also point out you have a significant lack of general spelling knowledge as well: promiscuous, not "promiscous;" noticing, not "notesing;" razor, not "rasor;" chapped, not "chapt;" etc., but that's another issue entirely!) I'd suggest you spend less time worrying and being freaked out and more time perusing the wealth of information on HIV/AIDS available on this site, its archives and its related links. I'll reprint some basic information from the archives below.

Your father needs and deserves your love and support, rather than your "total panic," as he copes with the challenges of living with HIV/AIDS. Being excessively judgmental and ill informed is certainly not helpful.

AIDSinfo What You Need to Know About HIV and AIDS

How HIV is Spread

The most common ways HIV is spread are: By having unprotected anal, vaginal, or oral sex with one who is infected with HIV

By sharing needles or syringes ("works") with someone who is infected with HIV

From mothers to their babies before the baby is born, during birth, or through breast-feeding. Taking the drug AZT during pregnancy can reduce the changes of infecting the baby by two-thirds, but will not prevent all babies from becoming infected with HIV.

Earlier in the AIDS epidemic some people became infected through blood transfusions, blood products (such as clotting factors given to people with hemophilia), or organ or tissue transplants. This has been very rare in the United States since 1985, when the test for HIV was licensed. Since then, all donated blood and donors of organs or tissue are tested for HIV. Health care workers, such as nurses, risk getting infected if they are stuck with a needle containing infected blood or splashed with infected blood in the eyes, nose, mouth, or on open cuts or sores. In a few cases, a person sharing a house with a person with HIV infection or taking care of a person with AIDS has become infected themselves. These infections may have been caused by sharing a razor, getting blood from the infected person into open cuts or sores, or some other way of having contact with blood from the infected person. If you are taking care of a person with HIV infection, carefully follow the steps on protecting yourself from infection discussed later.

How HIV is NOT Spread

You don't get HIV from the air, food, water, insects, animals, dishes, knives, forks, spoons, toilet seats, or anything else that doesn't involve blood, semen, vaginal fluids, or breast milk. You don't get HIV from feces, nasal fluid, saliva, sweat, tears, urine, or vomit, unless these have blood mixed in them. You can help people with HIV eat, dress, even bathe, without becoming infected yourself, as long as you follow the steps described later in the section on "Protecting Yourself" later in this brochure. You do get other germs from many of the things listed above, so do use common sense.

Can a child contact HIV from a carrier who's "dads friend"? (CASUAL CONTACT, HIV BASICS) Dec 12, 2007

My daughters (5) and her father, is in a relationship with a girl who is a HIV Carrier on medication. Can the virus be given to my child? I want to make sure to protect her from getting it.

First of all, there is no such thing as an "HIV carrier." Someone is either HIV positive (infected) or HIV negative (not infected).

Next, HIV is not transmitted by casual conduct and you should have no fears about your daughter visiting Dad, even if he is involved in a magnetic coupling (one poz plus one neggie). See below. I'll reprint some basic information about HIV from the archives.

Facts for Life What You and the People You Care About Need to Know About HIV/AIDS

Kissing after Tongue Biopsy
re: Something Infectious...I'm positive there is something wrong with me