Sep 19, 2010
I have been HIV + since 2003...Now my cd4 count is 690 and I am undetable since 2007. If I take a home test...will the virus show up?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, despite having an undetectable HIV plasma viral load, you will still have a positive (reactive) HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid test, home test, Western Blot). You can read much more about the difference between HIV-diagnostic tests (ELISA, Western Blot, etc.) and HIV-monitoring test (viral load, CD4 counts, etc.) in the archives of this forum and elsewhere on this site. Have a look!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.