soo scared - i think i am positive

Dear Dr. Bob, I wrote you alread sometimes but didnt get a reply, I would really appreciate if you find the time this time. I am sorry for my many questions but here (i am abroad) is noone i can go to otherwise i would get visa problems.. :( Btw. hope you had a great vacation.

Well my risk is as follows. I had recetive anal intercourse and the condom broke after 3 to 5 min i would say. After we realized we changed it and used a new one. I asked him about his status and he said he is fine. Who knows... Well anyway.

Exactly 4 weeks later i had sore throat, 99 degrees temp and 2 swollen lymph nodes at the back of my head. The sore throat was gone after a few days but the slight fever and swollen nodes persist. I took rapid antibody tests at 6,7,8 and 10 weeks and all came back neg. However since i was still not well i tested at 13 weeks with a oral rapid test and it says i have to read the result in 20-40 min. I did so and looked at 1 hour and there was no line for test but a strong for control. Now my big concern...I left the test on the desk and looked at it after 4 hours and then i could see a very very very faint line on the test area. Does that mean i am positive? i thought if ther are no antibodies in the sample the test line would never ever appear right? So it means there must be something binding to it. Also shouldnt be after 13 weeks at least a very strong line for test appearing because after that time there should be enough antibodies to HIV if infected, right?!

I really need your advice here...i am sooo scared. What does it mean now? Was it mistake to look some hours later at the test? Can that make it positive?!

Thank you soo much for helping me i will donate this time i promise.

thank you, Mark

Hello Mark,

As you stated, the rapid test is to be read at 20-40 minutes. You did so and the result was clearly negative. Finding a "very, very, very faint line in the test area" four hours after testing means absolutely nothing! Your test result is definitively negative. Period. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Love u man!!! I would love you even more if you answer my questions.
Testimony that pep worked for me!!!