IM SORRY - Re: I have Donated 3 times now and wonder how my Question got Lost (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, 2010)

Dr. Bob,

I know how you feel all about the donations and I surely didn't want you to think I was mis-leading you in any way. I am going to continually donate to your Foundation.

I am though going to re-post my two situations one right under another so you can see and remember if you looked at my questions. My situation is specific to myself so would you PLEASE answer this for me. I Thank You in Advance and truly feel you are a Godsend to the World.

#1))) have read some of your posts and I believe you are a man that understands everything way better than I. I had an experience and am anxiety ridden. My question is regarding a gross situation that happened to me. .I BEG you to please share with me. even the SLIGHTEST knowledge about the questions I am asking below.

Anyways I have gone through a lot of websites and experts advice,regarding transmission of HIV. .But I am confused, because all the answers are MIXED. EVERYBODY has a different answer. I have been directed to you because you are the expert. Here is my question - Please Help:

Now I'm sure this is going to gross you out. I got up in the morning brushed my teeth and got ready for work and went to work. About a half an hour later I arrived at work. I let myself in the door, walked to my office and began my day. A few seconds ,,,, SECONDS ,,, I touched my touched my nose and also felt something on my teeth. It tasted like metal. I spit it out and it was a green with some red booger. My question is just this. If this green and red booger came from someone in our office that is HIV+ and it came from off the door. And after I had let myself in. ONLY 15-20 SECONDS went by before that green and red booger got into my mouth. Again, I only brushed my teeth a half an hour (30 minutes) ago. And what if I had any microscopic cuts or any bleeding gums when I brushed in my mouth ,, I don't know, but what if I did. let's say I did ... with only 15 TO 20 SECONDS going by, before that green and red booger was in my mouth. If this is indeed a HIV+ green and red booger from somebody else and not from me. What are my chances of catching HIV this way?

Again Please help me as I think I might have a little OCD.

Worried and Waiting, Paula

#2.)))I hope you had such a wonderful trip - vacation. Now I'm sure you are swamped with work for a while.

I know your time is valuable so I made another donation. Donation Number 3. Your Credit Card feature is now working again. Maybe just down when I tried and sent you a check. I thank you for the work you do. You are a great individual. I will continue to donate to your Foundation but without the questions. How's that :) My e-mail is about green because I am an Organic person.

I have one more addition to my experience that I am quite worried about. Re-look at my situation and let me add that this whole booger incident has me worried because it was a fresh green and red moist booger that ended up in my mouth and I tasted blood (metal-like) before I got it out of my mouth. I am just so worried because it was only about a few 15 - 20 seconds ,, maybe 30 before it wound up in my mouth. Again , I brushed my teeth 30 minutes before hand.(Do not know if I had any microscopic cuts or gum bleeding) but what if I did? Knowing now that is was a fresh green and red moist booger, and if it truly cane from a HIV+ person. What do you think my chances of catching HIV from this is?

I am just being distant from my husband right now because I will await your answer. It seems by your web-site and forum -- You are the only person I trust.

Thank You and God Bless You, Awaiting, Paula

Thank You again Dr. Bob, Paula

Hello Paula,

1. See below.

2. Even with microscopic cuts or bleeding gums, your HIV-acquisition risk remains completely nonexistent. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. Consideration for psychotherapy (counseling) to help you confront your irrational fears of being HIV infected is!

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying, OK? All is well, including you!

2nd Donation in Two Days - 2nd Question with More Accurate Information - Please Help ! Plus I Had to Send a Check This Time - Read on! Sep 18, 2010

Dear Dr Bob,

I have added more descriptive information below so I could get the correct answer.

First let's start by saying I had to send a check this time for a donation because your web-site was down for accepting Credit Cards. I sent a check from my Company Account -- E..... You will find it. Plus it was hard to locate the husbands credit card again. :)

I am adding more information below because I am now getting more and more worried over this incident. We, as all places in the world have homeless people running around. So let's use this example because I was the first person in the building when this happened. This was a fresh booger that ended up in my mouth... green and red.. moist, and tasted like metal. That is what made me pick my tooth and find it. So what worries me is that being MOIST was is the life of HIV+ in this. Our offices are in Phoenix Arizona if that even matters any. And the only place I would of picked it up was off the door handle.

I have read some of your posts and I believe you are a man that understands everything way better than I. I had this experience and am anxiety ridden. My question is regarding a gross situation that happened to me. .I BEG you to please share with me. even the SLIGHTEST knowledge about the questions I am asking below.

Here is what I thought and I may be quite wrong. Isn't the HIV+ is no longer contagious or infectious once outside the body. But when is that?? Ugggh. And doesn't the virus once exposed to air dies within a certain amount of time....whatever that time is?? Who knows?....My questions are as follows.

Anyways I have gone through a lot of websites and experts advice,regarding transmission of HIV. .But I am confused, because all the answers are MIXED UP. EVERYBODY has a different answer. I have been directed to YOU because you are the EXPERT. Here are my questions - Please Help:

Now I'm sure this is going to gross you out. I got up in the morning brushed my teeth and got ready for work and went to work. About a half an hour later I arrived at work. I let myself in the door, turned off the alarm, walked to my office and began my day. A few seconds ,,,, ,,, I touched my touched my nose and also felt something on my teeth. It tasted like metal. I spit it out and it was a green and red moist booger. My question is just this. If this green and red moist booger came from someone in our office that is HIV+ or a homeless person for that matter who is HIV+ and touched the door handle and left it there. and this is where the green and red moist booger came from, off the door. And after I had let myself in. ONLY 15-20 SECONDS went by before that green and red moist booger got into my mouth. Again, I only brushed my teeth a half an hour (30 minutes) ago. And what if I had any microscopic cuts or any bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth in my mouth ,, I don't know, but what if I did. let's say I did ... with only 15 TO 20 SECONDS going by, before that green and red moist booger was in my mouth. If this is indeed a HIV+ green and red booger from somebody else and not from me. What are my true chances of catching HIV this way? 2.) Should I start the PEP? 3.) Do I need to re-test. I just got my yearly back and I am Neg. plus we are trying to have children and I do not want to infect anybody? 4.) How long should I wait before my husband and I have any more alone moments ( you know what I mean) to even try to have the children?

You can give it to me straight with the above question.- I can handle it.

Thank You for always being there for All the people in the World. You are a true Blessing.

Worried and Waiting even longer, Paula

Hello Paula,

1. Completely nonexistent.

2. Absolutely not.

3. No, absolutely not.

You can begin the horizontal mattress mambo activities immediately.

". . . I think I might have a little OCD." I agree, except I'd leave off the "a little" part.

As for giving it to you straight, why is it everyone wants straight answers from the gay expert? OK, here's your response: no risk!

Finally, thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I contacted the site and they report there hasn't been any difficulty with the credit card donation function.

Stop worrying Paula, and stop eating green-red moist boogers, even if they aren't an HIV risk!

S/CO - going crazy
Please please answer my question