2nd Donation in Two Days - 2nd Question with More Accurate Information - Please Help ! Plus I Had to Send a Check This Time - Read on!

Dear Dr Bob,

I have added more descriptive information below so I could get the correct answer.

First let's start by saying I had to send a check this time for a donation because your web-site was down for accepting Credit Cards. I sent a check from my Company Account -- E..... You will find it. Plus it was hard to locate the husbands credit card again. :)

I am adding more information below because I am now getting more and more worried over this incident. We, as all places in the world have homeless people running around. So let's use this example because I was the first person in the building when this happened. This was a fresh booger that ended up in my mouth... green and red.. moist, and tasted like metal. That is what made me pick my tooth and find it. So what worries me is that being MOIST was is the life of HIV+ in this. Our offices are in Phoenix Arizona if that even matters any. And the only place I would of picked it up was off the door handle.

I have read some of your posts and I believe you are a man that understands everything way better than I. I had this experience and am anxiety ridden. My question is regarding a gross situation that happened to me. .I BEG you to please share with me. even the SLIGHTEST knowledge about the questions I am asking below.

Here is what I thought and I may be quite wrong. Isn't the HIV+ is no longer contagious or infectious once outside the body. But when is that?? Ugggh. And doesn't the virus once exposed to air dies within a certain amount of time....whatever that time is?? Who knows?....My questions are as follows.

Anyways I have gone through a lot of websites and experts advice,regarding transmission of HIV. .But I am confused, because all the answers are MIXED UP. EVERYBODY has a different answer. I have been directed to YOU because you are the EXPERT. Here are my questions - Please Help:

Now I'm sure this is going to gross you out. I got up in the morning brushed my teeth and got ready for work and went to work. About a half an hour later I arrived at work. I let myself in the door, turned off the alarm, walked to my office and began my day. A few seconds ,,,, ,,, I touched my touched my nose and also felt something on my teeth. It tasted like metal. I spit it out and it was a green and red moist booger. My question is just this. If this green and red moist booger came from someone in our office that is HIV+ or a homeless person for that matter who is HIV+ and touched the door handle and left it there. and this is where the green and red moist booger came from, off the door. And after I had let myself in. ONLY 15-20 SECONDS went by before that green and red moist booger got into my mouth. Again, I only brushed my teeth a half an hour (30 minutes) ago. And what if I had any microscopic cuts or any bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth in my mouth ,, I don't know, but what if I did. let's say I did ... with only 15 TO 20 SECONDS going by, before that green and red moist booger was in my mouth. If this is indeed a HIV+ green and red booger from somebody else and not from me. What are my true chances of catching HIV this way? 2.) Should I start the PEP? 3.) Do I need to re-test. I just got my yearly back and I am Neg. plus we are trying to have children and I do not want to infect anybody? 4.) How long should I wait before my husband and I have any more alone moments ( you know what I mean) to even try to have the children?

Again Please help me as I think I might have a little OCD.

You can give it to me straight with the above question.- I can handle it.

Thank You for always being there for All the people in the World. You are a true Blessing.

Worried and Waiting even longer, Paula

Hello Paula,

1. Completely nonexistent.

2. Absolutely not.

3. No, absolutely not.

You can begin the horizontal mattress mambo activities immediately.

". . . I think I might have a little OCD." I agree, except I'd leave off the "a little" part.

As for giving it to you straight, why is it everyone wants straight answers from the gay expert? OK, here's your response: no risk!

Finally, thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I contacted the site and they report there hasn't been any difficulty with the credit card donation function.

Stop worrying Paula, and stop eating green-red moist boogers, even if they aren't an HIV risk!

Pregnant with HIV test -ve, but my husband's result shows +ve
13 and confused