Another lesbian (Part II)

Hi Dr. Bob!

I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Some help is needed here. Heres what happened. I fingered a woman of unknown HIV status. After that I felt that my finger is a big sore. Thats when I noticed a small cut obviously fresh, not healing yet, about 1 cm long, not deep, no blood. I am not sure when I got it, because before fingering I checked my hands and did not notice anything. Maybe it happened during fingering or maybe I missed it before. I dont know. I read the archives where you state that in cases like this (but not exactly like mine) the risk is low. So my questions are: how low is it? Can one compare this low risk to the low risk of giving or receiving oral sex? Do you think testing is warranted medically? Or do I worry too much about this?

Thank you again for your help! And warmest wishes from St. Petersburg, Russia.

D.

Hello D,

You think you cut your finger while fingering another woman? WOWZA!!! I thought those warnings about vaginas having teeth were just rumors! (kidding)

Yes, you are correct: The HIV-acquisition risk from the incident you describe would be extremely low. If you are concerned, you could get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. Statistically the odds are beyond astronomical that you did not contract HIV from this ladies night out!

Be well.

Worried about brief encounter with african prostitute
Conclusive result based on p24 and risk level?