Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SEX and HIV/AIDS
Sep 17, 2010

Dr Bob My name is Don I am co founder of POZITIVE PERSPECTIVES INC a peer support origination in SW Missouri. That also goes out in the community with a team of our peers to educate at local high schools in the 29 counts in SW MO. I am also a PLWA been + 27 years and doing great. Here is my question. We are going to be talking about HIV/AIDS and sex at our next support meeting of peers. I'm needing to get some Info on sex and risk factors including statistic if possible. Dealing with the fallowing areas: Two poz having sex, Poz and Neg having sex, Two men having sex Women 2 women. Difference in risk for tops and bottoms, Poz bottom w neg top Poz top w/neg bottom and any others area I have not included you think might come up in our discussion? I know there are others but I dont need to type them all here. Archive links area fine as I have read threw most them but you have posted many. Thanks for all you do to help. Stop bye and visit our web site for more info on us www.pozitiveperspectives.org and say HI

ps The meeting will be held the 2nd Tuesday of Sept 2010

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Don,

First off, congratulations on your long-term coexistence with HIV. It will be an inspiration to those just beginning their journey with the virus.

Next, congratulations on your HIV/AIDS awareness, education and prevention efforts!

Regarding information on the specific couplings you mention in your questions, you are correct: I have posted many responses to these specific situations (and others). Those responses are readily available in the archives. I realize it may take a bit of time and effort to pull out the exact information and level of detail you want or need for your upcoming presentations, but it's all there. Don, since it takes me just as long to search the archives as you or anyone else, and since you know the level of statistical (and graphic) details you need, I'm going to refer you back to the archives rather than reiterate what I've already written so many times before. Use the chapter titles and search function to locate what you need.

Good luck. Stay well. And keep up the great work! Namaste!

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV TRANSMISSION FROM DEAD BODY
Next
re: dude, I just don't buy your story

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.