oops submitted to wrong forum- sorry!

Dr. Bob, I read a recent post of yours that actually made me start worrying SO much. You said to a poster that a "3.5 negative test result is generally considered conclusive, barring extenuating circumstances."

What gives?? What does that mean? I thought that 3 months (unless exposed to someone confirmed to be HIV+) was the gold standard with testing and that a negative result at that time was reliable and conclusive! Is this not the case anymore?? What are these extenuating circumstances you are talking about and how do I know I am definitely negative?

I had unprotected vaginal sex with 2 different guys. I got tested about 9 months after with a rapid test and with a regular lab-based blood test, and both were negative. Can I consider this conclusive or do I need more testing?? I don't know what to do.

Thanks for helping me out, Dr. Bob. I love you!!

P.S. I am so, so, so unbelievably jealous that you are going to all these places on your travels. It has ALWAYS been my dream to go to Scotland! Post some pictures somewhere please!!! I hope you have an amazing and much deserved vacation =)

Rather than try to list and explain each and every "extenuating circumstance" or test limitation, perhaps it's best if I merely advise you that your negative rapid and "regular laboratory based" HIV test results are definitive, conclusive and absolutely WOO-HOO-able, OK? (This saves me a whole lot of typing!)

The cruise through the British Isles was indeed amazing. As for photos of me in Edinburgh in a kilt, I don't think this is the best place to post them! At least I learned what real Scotsmen wear under them. Don't ask; I'm now bound to secrecy!

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

PEP Question
Masturbating in Women Underwear