Worried - oraquick strip

Dr Bob Only you can help. It has been becoming extremely difficult for me to carry on. I have sent donation ($50) Transation Ref number EXXXXXXXXXX3

Here is what happened . I went for oraquick test and before me person took very long 1 hour and he came out very disturbed as he had tested positive . After my test was over, tester told me it is negative and I came out.

Sometimes irrational thoughts come to me ,so it came to my mind lets check the result as tester had not shown me strip. So i went back and requested tester to show me strip.

He said he threw in garbage and we both saw it lying there inverted. I was stupid not to care touching with bare hand and inverted the strip with bare hand (i touched the plastic portion not the cotton pad). After I checked and was satisfied i came out and just digged my nose.

Then this worry started that what if strip had fallen on cotton pad of strip of previous man (who might have had bleeding gum) from where I touched it with bare hand and then digged the nose. Can I get HIv in this manner.

Does strip wet with PBS solution (which reacts with sample) also gets HIv virus deactivated in approx 40 mins? I believe I did wash my hands with water after touching the strip . Also I read PBS solution of oraquick also have anti microbial agent , will that kill hiv if present in blood from bleeding gum

Your concerns are completely unwarranted. The risk of acquiring HIV from the scenario you describe is completely nonexistent.

My only advice to you is to stop picking your nose. It's a nasty habit!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated. Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing, OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Help a student in Montreal (Donation guaranteed)!
drinking your own urine help fight hiv ???