Insertive neg partner just found out receptive partner is positive

So I have been seeing this guy and we believed we were both HIV negative and decided to engage in unprotected sex. We have recently discovered he is positive. We are still awaiting information on his viral load. His last HIV test was a year ago so it is unclear as to when he contracted HIV (and thus where is viral load might be at based on stats and timelines). During our time together there has been aprox. 30 exposures - all of which I have been the insertive partner. Obviously I am totally aware that I am at a huge risk and plan to be tested etc. My question is HOW huge is this risk - ie 100% I will test positive or is it possible I will test negative? There was never any blood, no fecal matter, neither of us have any sores or other STDS, I am circumcised. Are there any stats on this? Is the test in 3 months a fore gone conclusion of being positive? Thanks for your advice.

Believing you are both HIV negative and actually both being HIV negative can be two very different things, as you so dramatically found out! We must assume all our sexual partners could be HIV infected and take all the necessary precautions to prevent spread of the virus.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is significant, but certainly not 100%. The CDC's statistical estimate for the per-act risk of acquiring HIV from insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. However, please note this is only a statistical estimate. Certainly HIV transmission can (and sometimes does) occur with only a single exposure. It's a bit like playing sexual Russian Roulette. You and your positively charged partner must now use latex condoms for all penetrative sex. You will need to be tested immediately. If negative, you should retest at both the three- and six-month marks. I'd also recommend you and your partner review the information in the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to magnetic couples.

PEP during first trimester of pregnancy.
prove it