Your advice

Hi Doctor

I went through your bio and I am very Impressed and I am in tears after reading the whole profile. As a human the only thing what I can do is I will pray for happy long life.

Here is my story

I am married with one kid and the other one is due in few months. I never did any mistake in my life. I don't know what happened but I end up having unprotected oral sex (cunninglus and BJ) with a women later I came to know that she is sexual worked. I was panic and talk to some online site reps and they suggested me to take dna by pcr

I have taken two HINV DNA BY PCR COMBO tih anti body on 12th and 32nd day and both are negative.

I asked Dr HHH and Edmond from medhelp they suggested I don;t need any more testing and I checked with MArk Katz from Aejis and he said my 1 month test results are conclusive. I am so confused and I am scared to take another test.

Please help me here..

The HIV-acquisition risk from oral sex is very low.

The gold standard for HIV-diagnostic testing remains an HIV-antibody test taken outside the window period, which is defined as the first three months after exposure (six months for "significant" exposures). HIV DNA PCR testing is not FDA approved for HIV-diagnostic testing and therefore generally not used for that purpose. It can be a very useful test when trying to sort out unclear or indeterminate HIV-antibody test results, as it does not rely on anti-HIV antibody production. That said, because you had a very low risk potential exposure and two undetectable qualitative HIV DNA PCR tests plus two negative HIV-antibody tests out to day 32, I, too, would advise you are HIV negative. If you want the extra reassurance of a "definitive" HIV test result, you would need to repeat your HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result would undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your kind comments. Please don't shed any tears for me. I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet. I have a truly wonderful life despite the challenges of coexisting with HIV.

Be well. (I'm confident you are!)

I have Donated 3 times now and wonder how my Question got Lost (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, 2010)
PEP during first trimester of pregnancy.