Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Skin cracks from eczema and HIV in the public restroom
Sep 17, 2010

Dear Doctor, I'd like to ask the direct&short questions. Please help me. I've many skin crack and open cuts on hands and fingers (they were not heal yet at that time). I use the the hotel lobby restroom on August29,2010 and accidentally drop my phone in the toilet bowl. I use my hands pick it up directly from the toilet bowl water, I tried to wash my hands in a minute later ( I usually flush the toilet first but this time I did not). I'm so concerned that if I would infected with the HIV from toilet bowl water? I've more new skin cracks right now and I'm so worry about to contact and taking care of my children (they're3&5 years old) I've the intercourse with my husband 3 times in this past two weeks and he did not use the condom. What should I do? How could I find out that it's safe? Should I have the HIV test ? Please help advice please. Appreciated ~ Worry Mother

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worry Mother,

I like to ask direct short questions as well. What call was so important that you needed to be on your cell phone while peeing and pooping in the hotel lobby restroom???

Even with eczema-indued skin cracks, the HIV risk of diving into the unflushed tidy bowel to rescue your iPhone is nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks, Your a Star!
Next
I have Donated 3 times now and wonder how my Question got Lost (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.