Please, Send Me Some Karma, Dr. B!

Hello, Dr. Bob. I pray you respond as you have been continually ignoring me. I think you are doing so because you know that I am + and can't stand to face me, but here goes, as I still respect you and all that you do (even though you keep ignoring my request).

I wrote you a few times in the past, most notably you classified me as a "I'm Positive I'm Positive" ( see http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/positive/Q210237.html).

Well, all that I ask is that you send me some good karma and some words of advice so that I can get the courage to test and find out my fate. Your karma would mean so much to me. If you do not want to send me karma, at least acknowledge this e-mail. Please. Thank you, sir.

What's this nonsense about ignoring you because you think I know you are HIV positive and can't stand to face you???? Just how much crazy powder are you putting in your protein smoothies these days? I have responded. I told you that you were an "I'm positive I'm positive" fluffernutter! I've also already sent my good-luck karma, even though you won't really need it. Now stop clogging up my inbox until you get tested or I'll put a restraining order out on you!

Good luck. The sooner you test, the sooner you'll be WOO-HOO-ing.

I Need Your Karma to Help Me Go and Get Tested Sep 14, 2010

Dr. Bob, I have written you several times before about my "oral encounter" - http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/positive/Q210237.html - and I really need you to answer me as you have stopped answering my e-mails.

I am trying to muster up the nerve to get tested, but I need you to send me some good karma. Please, I beg of you. If not for me (I don't deserve it for my behavior), then do it for my wife and little children.

Please answer me and send me some good karma. May God bless you and present the world with a cure in the next year.

If I answered all your hypothetical questions (see below, for example), I wouldn't have time to respond to anyone else. Considering there is an excellent chance you are merely another anxious-wreck worried-well, don't you think taking up a considerable amount of my time responding to questions that ultimately won't apply to your situation would be just a wee bit selfish and self-centered? As I promised before, I'll answer all your questions about being positive if you are actually positive rather than just fearing and assuming you are positive. Fair enough?

Now stop all the spineless whimpering, man-up and go get the damn test! My good-luck karma has been signed, sealed and sent! Your WOO-HOO is waiting for you, so stop procrastinating.

Good luck future WOO-HOO-er.

I Really Need You to Answer Me. I Am Pleading With You. (ANOTHER IM POSITIVE IM POSITIVE, 2010) Aug 8, 2010

Dr., I have written to you several times. The last time, you never responded to (even after numerous requests). Well, after careful assessment of my continual symptoms/feeling (knowing my body), I am certain I have contracted HIV through a damn blowjob. I feel so bad, so ashamed, and scared. I cry every day. Eventually, I am going to have to get it confirmed and tell my wife so that she can decide what to do (leave or stay). I am so ashamed. I cry as I type this. I know for certain that I do not want to live with this disease. I do not want others to know of my shame (cheating on my wife, not being careful, putting my family at risk). It would devastate my family and outrage my wife's family. I do not want to go on meds and suffer facial wasting. I do not want to watch myself deteriorate from 260+ pounds to a skeleton. I want to leave on my own terms, but feel as though I need to be here for my 8- and 4-year old. I eat less than before. By body craves only certain foods, and sweet things I seem to not want to eat anymore. I am so torn because I want to leave on my own terms and not cause my family grief, but I feel compelled to not abandon my children because they love me and will need me in life for guidance and to help mold them. And, I do not want to leave my wife here to take care of this house or the children on her own. I am 37, make great money in a great profession and have thrown it all away. I find it hard to continue knowing something is inside of me. Seeing every pimple, every blemish on my body, it is hard. To have my co-workers, family and friends find out is hard. I have so many questions, but no matter what the answer is, it does not take away from the fact that there is no cure and that I will die. I think my contraction took place on 5/21/2010 (the date of my death sentence). 1) When can I expect to get sick? 2) When will I start to deteriorate physically? 3) How often do people get sick? 4) How long can I live without being sick and looking sick? 5) Can you maintain good health without meds? 6) How do spouses take the news? 7) Should I tell family and friends? 8) Are there alternative treatments that have proved effective? 9) How difficult is it on the person's spouse? 10) What are your thoughts on right-to-die facilities once a person reaches a certain point/stage in the disease?

Here we go again. Another person "certain" he is HIV infected but who has not been tested. Dude, I promise to answer all 10 of your questions if your HIV tests confirm your "certainty". The statistical odds are astronomical your test will be negative. Either way you're a psychological mess at the moment. I would suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

I'll be awaiting your test results. (I have a WOO-HOO waiting for you.) I'll post this question in the chapter "I'm Positive I'm Positive." It's filled with guys just like you who, by the way, all turned out to be HIV negative! Check it out!

Please post this (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX, 2010)
Can I start to practice my WOO-HOO yet?