porn star follow up

No need to post. I just wanted to clarify that my donations were from the heart. After being on this site and seeing the compassion, humor and wit you show others, I felt there was no better organization to donate too. I can tell you that you will see others over the years. I find what you do to be remarkably inspiring and for that I will provide some support as often as I can.

Keep up the good work; its nice to see such great people in the world. I am working diligently on my Woo-Hoo.

Many thanks for your very kind comments! I'm doubling my dose of good-luck karma coming your way. I'd suggest you begin practicing how to WOO-HOO like a banshee in heat!

Be well! Good luck.

Donated twice still no post...Kind of Hurt Sep 14, 2010 Dr.B,

I know you are a busy man but I have sent many questions none answered. I do bet you get a lot daily.

Here are my questions, hope you can help. After a potential exposure (medium risk) unprotected vaginal, short time period with a girl who may be a porn star/escort. I had symptoms come on at 15 days (swollen lymph nodes, loss of appetite,weight loss, muscle and joint pain,and elevated liver enzymes. So I am totally scared.

I have had a 13 and 28 day hiv-1 DNA PCR both Neg. I have had a 13, 23, 28, 42 and 45 day HIV1/2 antibody test. All have come back negetive.

1) If these symptoms were due to hiv woudl the antibody tests be positive by now?

2) How accurate is a combo 28 day hiv dna pcr and antibody test?

any other suggestions. I am totally scared and need some guidance. I will continue to donate, you do great things.

Scared Boy

Hello Scared Boy,

1. Most likely yes, and the qualitative DNA PCR would be detectable as well.

2. Difficult to say, because the DNA PCR is not FDA approved for diagnostic testing. Most (but not all) HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks following infection. The HIV DNA PCR is usually detectable well before HIV antibodies are.

As for suggestions:

1. Never place yourself at risk for HIV (or other STDs) by having unprotected sex again.

2. When trying to decide if the gal you're schtupping is as porn star, merely check her DVD collection, and if you see her name plastered over titles like "For Your Thighs Only" or "Lawrence of a Labia," you'll know!

3. The escort question is even easier to determine. If she asks for a Ben Franklin when you're finished popping your cork, you'll know.

4. As for your anxiety, I'd suggest you spend some time reading through the wealth of information on the site and the testimonials in the archives of this forum. You should find the information both enlightening and encouraging.

Finally, thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated, but please note my work here on The Body is not related to my foundation. My advice here is free and available to all, whether or not they make a charitable contribution. Donations should only be made in the spirit of true generosity and compassion, not as an incentive for me to respond to a particular question, OK?

Good luck with your upcoming definitive HIV tests. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you will continue to test HIV negative. I'm sending my good-luck karma that that will indeed be the case.

hpv in men
Please post this (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX, 2010)