Going Nuts..Donation on the way (Response)

Hey doc,

How was the vacation? Hope you had good time off with your partner.. From post below, i forgot to mention that I was drunk when the incident took place BUT im pretty sure I used condoms for the sex part. Here is my updates:

I did a Oral quick test on 1 month mark - Negative, I did a full blood test on 53rd day (7 days short of 2nd month) it came back Negative - non reactive HIV and liver test,all came back normal. Its already surpassed 3 months and Im waiting to get some time to get the 3rd month test done. doc,

1. I dont have any major symptoms, no swallen lymph nodes etc but i do have one tender lymph node near my right clavical?I do know i can not rely on symtoms but do i need to be worried of that clavical lymph node?I also do have some minor muscle twitching here and then..Shud i be worried ?

2.I was reading thru the forum and one guy mentioned that his doc said that certain hiv like symtooms occurs are due to psychological effects?is taht true?

3. Lastly doc, DO i need to be worried? Will you send me your good karma and I really hope i dont be a dumb A* to be drunk when im into these things.. Can i cont to have protected fun without worrying?

Hope you reply doc, You been my life line support all this while..

- Going nuts..

---------------------------------------------------------- Doc, You are doing a great job in giving encouragement to people like who gets engaged in risky sexual activities.. May God bless your good deed.

I hope you could calm me down..here s my story.

I had a protected sex with a bar girl..less than 10 mins..into the action..I stopped as Isaw some blood on the condom..apparently..she ended her period the day before and its normal to have some blood in the system..'it seems'

I stopped the whole action, she removed the condom and some of the blood touched my thigh..she wiped it off using her hands.. here s my paranoia..

1. I started having diarhea and some mild fever on the 6th day..but im pretty sure the diarhea is due to the bad food i had by the street ..i also started having neck pain after 15 days..on my right side.. how do i know if any lymph nodes have swallen..or any changes..i knw i have 1-2 node on each side of the neck..small..no pain..

2. my worry is..i put on my boxers..right after 10mins...walked ard to send off the girl...im worried if my penis wud have touched any of the leftovers..i took shower after 30mins..

I have thoughts running in my head doc..suicidal..etc..but im trtying be calm.. please reply my questions..thanks..donation on the way..

Doc..Should i be worried?

- Going nuts..

Hello Going Nuts,

1. "Shud" you be worried? Nope!

2. Yes, "taht" is indeed true. It's called a psychosomatic illness.

3. Nope, no need to worry, however your definitive HIV test is still pending. Yes, good karma sent. All "fun" should be protected at all times.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

About last broken Femur question
Surgical resident with a worry