About last broken Femur question

Regarding My previows post (below), I think I didn't really ask a proper question by I think you can guess them. They're: 1)Is there any risk of transmission whatsoever from the situation described? 2)should I get tested? 3)Is it safe to continue with that therapist. I think I know the answers but you know that hearing them from you is totally different, especially when you can't think clearly, and also the reason many come here. Hope you answer thanks.

Hello Dr Bob, hope you can give me some peace of mind. I broke my femur 1 1/2 months ago and had to get surgery. I am now better I think but still in rehab. The thing is, today, my therapist who comes to my house to help me with some exercises told me she was also giving therapy to a confirmed positive. Until not long ago I had a very long, almost from the waist to the knee stitched wound covered with some special kind of tape also, where you could see some blood and fluid stain on it. She massages my leg as well as helps me with the exercises. Now, I am a graduate worried well and have tested many, many times often unwarrantedly. The thing is my bad thoughts about HIV have been almost gone or at least controlled for a while now, and I was focusing on my leg, taking the doctor's advice and doing the right things to be well again. Now, after this shocking experience, where I had major surgery for the first time, had to undergo the pain, uncomfortableness and the worry of something going wrong, not to mention I had to quit Law school, not being able to do anything by myself, let alone walk, and all the boredom not being able to go wherever I want etc, you get the picture... And just when I'm starting to feel better and having hope I'm going to be ok again this happens and brings back all my HIV related deamons. I mean, I have even had nightmares with this guy many times (the Poz guy, who is kind of famous around here). Really, it seems like this thing is stalking me and wants to get me if not physically psychollogically. It has been doing this for almost half my life. I am really uneasy right about now and don't think that this will do me any good regarding my rehab process. Please doc, I know this might seem stupid but to me it feels like hell, one of the worst things that could have happened on top of my accident, now I have to worry about both things. I can't even go to a shrink because I still can't walk. If you could help make my fears dissipate I would really appreciate it, especially at this time when I was starting to overthink my life and planned to make a new start. Your words reassure me, I know they have before. That character creeps me out and always has (not only because he has HIV). I know he's had the disease for a lonfg time, since around 1992. My therapist didn't notice it and maybe thought telling me she was treating somebody "famous" was a cool thing to do.....but she doesn't know what triggers she's pulled inside me and now I'm really panicking. I don't think I will be able to continue with that therapist, although she is good. If she tells me shes coming from the dude's house I don't know how I would cope with that. From what she says, she's only been treating him since last week, and las week she only came once, and then today. I got my stitches removed before that. She also went to the bathroom to wash her hands and my shaving razor was there and now I'm worried to use it. I wanted to make it short at first but then thought it would be better if you got the whole picture.

I think this is the closest I've gotten, indirectly but knowingly to someone whith confirmed HIV. And I'm not kidding about the nightmares I've had with this lad. So my fear is no joke Doc.

So I'm hoping for any reassurance and/or advice that could help me get back on track.

PS- can't make a donation right now but will keep it in mind.

Thank you and I wish you try to understand me and your help is much appreciated.

Yes, it's always a good idea to actually ask a question when submitting a "question"!

1. No, absolutely not.

2. No, absolutely not.

3. Yes, absolutely.

Once you are mobile again, I'd recommend you seek counseling (psychotherapy) to help with your irrational fears.

As for the closest you've gotten to indirectly knowing someone with confirmed HIV, well, what about me? Don't I count? We're practically BFFs, right?

Be well.

oral sex and gonorrhea
Going Nuts..Donation on the way (Response)