Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

18 YEAR OLD; ATTEMPTED RAPED BY CLASSMATE. NEED HELP READING RESULTS
Sep 14, 2010

I took these hiv tests 2 years after possible infection through make out with HIV+ person. I have no clue how to read this and I CAN'T tell my parents! I have no one to talk to. I'm afraid my doc will tell my parents. I had to do these test through rapid screening centers through labcorp. You're my only help!!

IS ICMA THE SAME AS ELISA OR EIA??

HIV 1/0/2 Abs-ICMA

HIV 1/O/2 Abs- Index value: <1.00 result) Index Value: Reference Interval <1.00 Specimen Reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. HIV 1/0/2 ABS, Qual

Non Reactive

AND the DNA by PCR says "Patient's specimen is NEGATIVE for human immunodeficiency Virus Proviral DNA by the Polymerase Chain Reaction (pcr).. And an ELISA test was done with it and said the same as the first results I listed. It also shows

WBC= 6.3 REFERENCE INTERVAL 4.0-10.5

RBC= 4.61 REFERENCE INTERVAL 3.80-5.10

HEMOGLOBIN= 13.5 REFEERENCE INTERVAL 11.5-15.0

ON THE WEBSITE FOR RAPID SCREENING CENTER, THEY SAY THAT THE HIV ANTIBODY TEST, TESTS FOR HIV-1. AND THE RESULTS I THINK SAY I WAS TESTED FOR HIV 1/O/2... I'M CONFUSED. I'M WORRIED THE WEBSITE IS CORRECT AND THEY ONLY TESTED ME FOR HIV 1 AND NOT HIV 2 OR HIV O!!

DOES THE ICMA ONLY TEST FOR HIV 1. PLEASE HELP READ MY RESULTS. AND IS 2 YEARS AFTER ATTEMPTED RAPE (ONLY FORCED MAKE-OUT) TOO LATE TO TEST. HE HAD A CUT ON HIS LIP AND IS KNOWN TO BE HIV+.

THANK YOU. I WILL DONATE $40 VIA PAYPAL!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

An ICMA is equivalent to an ELISA or EIA.

Your HIV-antibody test is negative, and your qualitative HIV DNA PCR is undetectable (negative).

The information on the Web site is correct. You tested negative for HIV-1, HIV-2 and subtype O.

The HIV DNA PCR tests only for HIV-1, but you didn't need this test in the first place.

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests or worrying is warranted, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bottle in My ass (INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS SHOVED UP THE BUTT, 2010)
Next
Risk from fresh blood to wound

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.