I this will help people/me

Dr. Bob, I wrote u earlier this week and must admit my question was somewhat jumbled and confusing so I am writing once more to clearify my situation and so others can benefit from this question. Ok, long story short I had one episode of unprotected vaginal intercourse with a woman in feb. (over 6 months ago) I have tested neg. at 3 months twice rapid testing, 4 months rapid test, and then 6 months using the blood draw elisa test. My question is this, Since that time I have been in a relationship and we have grown very close. I told her the situation and she too has agreed to test as it is important to us to be safe. What I'm asking is this 1) I know the odds are very low that I may have been exposed to HIV and I could not live with myself if I did have something and got her infected. Should I test any further or is my testing enough? 2) I know from here and from the std clinic that most say 3 months is enough and others suggest 6 unless there is some type of co infection ( tested - for hep b, c, ghonoerra, chlamida. herpes) 3) I want to WOO HOO! as loud as I can for as long as I can and live my life with my new girlfriend! It seems as though everytime I get a small rash or fever I contribute it to my HIV fears. This is prob. more of a mental thing then HIV. Can i scream WOO HOO from the top of my lungs and be happy! Thanks Dr. and I will be making a contribution to your foundation.

1. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to six months are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

2. You didn't ask a question here; rather, you just made a statement. Since you've tested negative out to six months, it's a moot point, right?

3. Again, no question! But you certainly have my blessing to WOO-de-frickin'-HOO as loud and long as you wish!

Your statement ". . . everytime I get a small rash or fever I contribute it to my HIV fears" is quite accurate (although a somewhat odd use of the word "contribute", attribute would be more accurate).

The key point is you have "HIV fears!" not HIV! There really is a world of difference between the two. You now have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence you dodged the HIV bullet, so stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing, OK?

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

6-week result from 19 yr old European guy in Africa
Donated twice still no post...Kind of Hurt