I this will help people/me
Sep 14, 2010
Dr. Bob, I wrote u earlier this week and must admit my question was somewhat jumbled and confusing so I am writing once more to clearify my situation and so others can benefit from this question. Ok, long story short I had one episode of unprotected vaginal intercourse with a woman in feb. (over 6 months ago) I have tested neg. at 3 months twice rapid testing, 4 months rapid test, and then 6 months using the blood draw elisa test. My question is this, Since that time I have been in a relationship and we have grown very close. I told her the situation and she too has agreed to test as it is important to us to be safe. What I'm asking is this 1) I know the odds are very low that I may have been exposed to HIV and I could not live with myself if I did have something and got her infected. Should I test any further or is my testing enough? 2) I know from here and from the std clinic that most say 3 months is enough and others suggest 6 unless there is some type of co infection ( tested - for hep b, c, ghonoerra, chlamida. herpes) 3) I want to WOO HOO! as loud as I can for as long as I can and live my life with my new girlfriend! It seems as though everytime I get a small rash or fever I contribute it to my HIV fears. This is prob. more of a mental thing then HIV. Can i scream WOO HOO from the top of my lungs and be happy! Thanks Dr. and I will be making a contribution to your foundation.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to six months are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.
2. You didn't ask a question here; rather, you just made a statement. Since you've tested negative out to six months, it's a moot point, right?
3. Again, no question! But you certainly have my blessing to WOO-de-frickin'-HOO as loud and long as you wish!
Your statement ". . . everytime I get a small rash or fever I contribute it to my HIV fears" is quite accurate (although a somewhat odd use of the word "contribute", attribute would be more accurate).
The key point is you have "HIV fears!" not HIV! There really is a world of difference between the two. You now have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence you dodged the HIV bullet, so stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing, OK?
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.
Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Syphilis Cause Pain?
- Can You Get Herpes From Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.