Dr. Frascino is a sore like this indicitive of HIV infection?

Dr. Bob,

I've had 12 negative HIV tests in all. Possible exposure was July or August of 2003 and that was it. Had 8 tests of all kinds done back then, PCR, bDNA, Blood Antibody, Oral Antibody...

Then in Sept. of 2009 started having swollen lymph nodes, had over 32,000.00 dollars worth of tests done that insurance covered including 4 more HIV tests from Sept 2009 out to June of 2010. 3 Blood and 1 Oral, all negative.

Cd4 counts are normal, lowest in Sept 2009 was 701, in Feb 2010 they were 1200.

Problem is my legs seem to be thinning and I had something that looked like shingles or herpes on my butt cheek like 3 months ago and it still has not completely gone away. Dermatologist did a scraping and found nothing either bacterial or viral, so they are at a loss. It was only on one butt cheek and they gave me valtrex for it.

Please look at this picture but delete from your reply if you choose to reply.

www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

I had that on my thigh, then one on my arm. Just recently I got another 2 on my foot. They just sort of erupt and then go away. I have not been sick since 2003 hardly at all, I very rarely get anything.

A doctor in Pittsburgh who was at ground zero in the HIV fight in New York just asked if I had had any more of those sores and at the time I didn't... but these on my foot just showed up and are very tiny.

I just can't figure it out... with 12 negative tests it's like there should be no question, but I have these things that I have never had before in my life.

I keep getting my CD4 checked periodically in case I'm some kind of fluke case with a wierd strain, but I would appreciate and respect your professional opinion on the sore.

Is it something that someone who has had HIV for about 7 years now starts to get if they are not on HIV meds?

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thirty-two thousand dollars of tests??? WOWZA!!! Dude, you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. You are also singlehandedly bankrupting the healthcare system! Do you have any idea what $32,000 could do for charity? Stop testing. Stop monitoring CD4 counts. Follow up with a dermatologist as needed for your skin problem.

HIV from oral?? NO WOO-HOO!!!!!!
g-day from australia dr bob.how do i donate?