Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

peur, anxiété et possibilité de transmission venant de mon partenaire
Sep 14, 2010

Good day Dr. Frascino. I will try to be quick with my question. In August, my boyfriend and I travelled to Greece and Istanbul for a trip. I caught my boyfriend performing oral sex on a guy in washroom on August the 5th. This other person looked like he had facial wasting. We both revceived oral sex from another person later that night. On September 7th I started having a bad sore throat, fever, chills and rash on my face. This lasted only for 2 days. I am worried that I might have contracted HIV possibly from my partner. We don't have unprotected anal sex. EVER but we perform oral sex on each other all the time with semen in our mouth from each other. Could my symptoms be related to HIV? I'm trying to stay calm but these symptoms appeared approx. 4 weeks after that incident when I caught him performing oral sex on another person. He said he only performed oral sex on him for maybe 1 minutes without any ejaculation. But my symptoms are scaring me. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Merci et bonne semaine.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Salut Mec,

Pourquoi tu m'écris en anglais. Je parle la langue de Asterix, Molière et Tintin!

The HIV-acquisition risk from oral sex is very low. "Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. If you (and/or your boyfriend) are concerned about a potential HIV exposure (symptoms or no symptoms), get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV as a consequence of the Mediterranean blowjobs.

Bonne chance. A bientôt.

Dr. Bob

Previous
How does the top get infected in anal sex?
Next
you are my hope

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.