Prednisone effect

Hello Doctor, I had sex with a prost. in 2005 April and then got tested for 3 months then at the 6th month and the results were negative though now after reading some info on prednisone I recall having been treated with very high dosage of prednisone in February 2003 for 1 month for my facial paralysys (Bells-Palsy) so could this have effected the hiv elisa test and resulted in a false negative? would I need a PCR Dna ..... after all would you recommend me to get an hiv p24 COMBI test and would it be conclusive after about 5 years passed the incident of my risky behaviour? Thank you in advance.

A course of prednisone for treatment of Bell's palsy taken two years before an HIV-antibody test would not affect the validity or accuracy of your test. No additional HIV testing, including a PCR DNA, is warranted.

Your negative HIV tests at three and six months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

Be well. Stay well.

Tonsil Infection for 6 months! ARS the catalyst? ( ready to donate )
Gay facesitting (FACESITTING, 2010) (GAY FACESITTING, 2010)