Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hanging by a thread - Mentally exhausted
Sep 13, 2010

Dear Doc,

Please advise me...I was in Korea for a business trip last week and I had too much to drink at the KTV lounge. Ended up receiving unprotected oral sex and having protected vaginal sex with the KTV girl. I also fingered her. What a mistake...I was too drunk and my judgement abandoned me. Now I am in tatters. What made it worse was when I pull out from her, I realised that the condom is stuck, its opening hanging out of her vagina. I could see my cum inside I thk...but given my intoxicated state I can only confirm I did enter her with a condom. I think most probably the condom slipped when I was exiting her? Since the open end was hanging out but not inside her??? I think I really messed up this time.

What are my risks for HIV and STDs here? I am mentally exhausted and I am very worried. I cannot concentrate in my life anymore.

I will make a donation to your organisation, it deserves it. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Hanging-by-a-thread,

I would agree the most likely scenario from what you described is that you slid out of the condom as you were sliding out of her, leaving the spunked condom dangling from the love canal. Assuming this indeed was the case, your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition. Fingering is not considered a risk, assuming the skin on the fingering fingers was intact. If your tallywhacker exited the condom as you were exiting the KTV gal, that risk would be essentially nonexistent, as HIV cannot permeate intact latex, and there would not have been any non-latex-covered contact. This assumes the condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

Regarding other STDs, there are a variety that can be transmitted by unprotected oral sex (gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, etc.) as well as others that can be transmitted via skin-to-skin contact (genital warts, crabs, etc.). Your general medical doctor or local health clinic can easily screen you for STDs. For HIV you would have to wait until the three-month mark for a definitive test result.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Looking for some compassionate but honest advice. Plz! I've written several times and would love to donate
Next
Tonsil Infection for 6 months! ARS the catalyst? ( ready to donate )

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.