Looking for some compassionate but honest advice. Plz! I've written several times and would love to donate

I had a vaginal unprotected exposure to a girl of unknown status. I had every symptom in the book like most people claim: thrush, weight loss (10 lbs.), ulcers and night sweats. This all occurred from 5 days to 2 months post exposure. Thrush still persists and my body is still a lot thinner. I took a baseline test. I took a 6 and 12 week rapid test. I told myself at 12 weeks it has to be accurate, but of course Im still worried. I just cant accept that symptoms come from nothing. I never knew the symptoms of HIV/AIDS until I looked up what I was already experiencing. What am I to think? That Ive become so confused with this whole situation that I dont even remember how/when I observed my objective perceptions. What should I do? Im already seeing a therapist, but I dont really think he has much to say that would excite my brain in anyway let alone do cognitive behavioral therapy. He is one of those religious types; we talk on two very separate frequencies. Anyway, all I ask is reassurance or advice or whatever you feel is appropriate. I would like to get back to life and do all the things I once dreamed of. I used to be a 4.0 student with a million extracurriculars and now I cant even go to class. Lastly, how can I donate via credit card?

George

Hello George,

Symptoms don't "come from nothing." However, once you've tested HIV negative outside the window period, you can rest assured the cause of your symptoms is not HIV!

Regarding your therapist, if indeed he doesn't "excite your brain," "is one of those religious types," and you "talk on two very separate frequencies," you need to find a more competent therapist with whom you can work more cooperative and effectively.

George, your problem remains psychological, not virological. For any persistent physical symptoms you should see an internal medicine physician for evaluation and ongoing care.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Credit card donations can be made there; just follow the prompts. Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need.

Be well George. Feel better! That 4.0 student with the million extracurriculars is still inside you. He just went into hiding for a bit due to an HIV scare (but not due to an HIV illness!).

I know the answer, but I ask anyway.... (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2010) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2010)
Hanging by a thread - Mentally exhausted