$100 Donation - Pleaaes Help -- No Archives on this!!

Dr. Bob,

Welcome Back.

I have a unique situation you can help me out with. I went to get gas today and once I got to the pump my phone rang. I was on the phone for 5 minutes. After my phone call, pumped my gas and jumped back into my car. Sounds simple but here is my issue. Last night I pulled a dry skin tag off my leg and it bled quite a bit. Took a shower this morning and my leg stung by it's wound, so it was still open and exposed . This was at 7:30 AM. I am wearing black slacks today. I didn't cover my wound with anything. No bandages. Nothing. I also wear driving gloves when I drive. At 9:30 AM, after pumping my gas something dripped off my driving gloves ... 3 drops that I could see dripped right on my pants exactly over the wound that is open and exposed. I felt the wetness form the drops. I don't know what the fluid was. I know it was not gasoline because I couldn't smell gas. I rushed home and took off my pants to see if it smelt like gasoline and it didn't. I don't know what the fluid was, and my pants are black so now I REALLY DONT KNOW what the liquid was. My question is just this. If that liquid was anything of the fluids that contain the HIV+ virus. (Blood, Semen, Vaginal Fluid or Breast Milk fluid, ect....) The fluid dripped off my gloves onto my pants right over the EXACT area where my wound is. I felt the wetness hit my wound, through my pants. What are my chances of catching the HIV virus like this? Remember I have black pants on so I don't know what it was, but assuming it was something truly containing HIV+ virus, what are my chances of catching HIV this way over my open wound, under my slacks.

Thank You and I will donate a total of $100. if you can guide me as to where to donate, Lynn

Hello Lynn,

Exactly how do you think infected blood, semen, vaginal fluid or breast milk would wind up on the gas pump? Be reasonable! No risk!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

Be well.

RE: Infected after what i thought was a protected hand & boob-job!!(ANOTHER IM POSITIVE IM POSITIVE, 2010)
apologoy from Fear with Capital "F"