Seek Advice (biting)

Dear Dr. Bob I am from India. Kindly bear my English. Nearly four weeks ago I was with a young escort. I received only handjob from her. I got my mind ease because I thought that I have done only safe sex activities. After some time while recalling my risks, suddenly I remembered that she did bite my shoulder little hardly once. She told me that the skin got reddish. She did it for excitement not with angry. At that time I felt pain for some time and I didnt check anything. After that I felt nothing there. The site cdc.gov tells that hiv transmission does occur from a bite by severe trauma with extensive tissue damage and the presence of blood and no risk if the skin is not broken. I didnt check the presence of blood on my shoulder and her mouth too (but I think there was no blood). If my skin was broken extensively, I should know because it needs stitches or some medical requirement. 1.Under these circumstances should I worry about hiv? 2.What are the chances of infection if there was a little cut on my shoulder from the bite and presence of blood in her mouth? 3.Do you warrant testing at 3 months mark? I will make donation to your foundation soon.

1. Nope

2. Essentially nonexistent

3. No

I agree with the information on the CDC Web site: no risk!

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Helpless in EdinburghDr Bob, please give me some sense of perspective (VISIONS AND FEARS OF BEING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED WHILE SLEEPING, 2010)
Risk of HIV through Oral Sex When Herpes is present and contracted