Thank you for your donation card . Just a few more questions please. I think my question could help others

Hello Doctor Bob:

You have helped me a great deal in the past and first and foremost I would like to say thank you. Also, thank you for your donation card. My fiance which is also an RN gave it to me and we both smiled with the gesture, thank you again.

Furthermore, I do have a few more questions if you could please answer them I would be very greatful. We will donate whenever possiable.

As you know almost 3 years ago I had several symptoms following unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a unknow female at college. ( This is prior to meeting my fiance)Never have and never will stray from her :) )

I had a mono like syndrome in short. My tonsil were not swollen to the point of causing breathing issues however, extreme sore thought swollen generalized nodes, conjuctivitis in both eyes , white spots on tonsils .... im sure you get the point. lol I also had a rash on the head of my penis and pain upon ejaculation.

Troubled symptoms include:

still current generalized adenopathy for approaching 3 years. The pea to marble sized nodes bilateral posterior cervical chain and behind my right ear are painless for the most part, sometimes they tend to sting ( also I have a few bad teeth just fyi, not sure if there si a correlation).

However, the nodes under both my arms tend to be the issue. They dont hurt ness. however my underarms feel extremely " fatty" like just a since of fulness which inturn causes discomfort throughout the day. I am male 24 about 165 lbs athletic body.

my tonsils have remained very red and cryptic. the nodes ahve been there for almost 3 years now. and red spots inside the cheeks come and go weekly ~2-3 mm like busted Blood vessels. Furthermore, I get canker sores around my bottom gum line about once every 2 or 3 months. (I know HSV-1 and the vast majority of the the pop has it. )

Question time:

1) I have had 17 or 18 HIV antibody tests ( you tend to loose count after excessive testing right) the vast majority were with in a 10 month span and vastly oraquick advance HIV1/2 . at 10 weeks past the encounter I had a undetectable HIV rna viral load.

a few more oraquick advance at about 1 year and the another about 2.4 years past this event due to generalized nodes.

Is there any remote possiablilites that I could have HIV from this and not seroconverting? I understand extreme testing however, I do not want to be the person that could have done something about having HIV and did not because I or they were "afraid" to test. I ahve heard way to many stories of people coming up with aids years later because not wanting to gwet tested. My opinion a very Poor choice.

Thoughts?

2.) If I had been seroconverting a few years back ( it was about 3 weeks after the encounter I became ill) this would have been in response to whatever illness I had. With that said isnt "Seroconversion" the bodies response to developing antibodies and initiating the first "fight on the pathogen? so if this was HIV I would have tested pos after the illness was over and if it was HIV wouldent the Viral load have picked it up because if it were seroconversion that must mean HIV would have been replicating?

3.) I had a negitive rapid mono spot at about 7 weeks past the encounter 3 years ago. I ahve read alot about EBV and never had a actual blood test looking for active EBV past or chronic infection. Could this perhaps be EBV causeing the generalized nodes? I know EBV tends to go dormant after a period of time however being this is a lifelong virus wouldent that mean that even when dormant our body still produces antibodies thus our lymphnodes still filter the pathogen? Could EBV possiably be the cause of so many peoples issues and is being over looked or misunderstood?

One thing I can say is this experience has made me a better person and has given me a understanding that Family Docs really need to step up their games and be attenitive to patients.

My Promise to my future patients is to well " DO MY JOB like you do " as a DOC. Way to many get caught up with the Gray anatomy syndorme I feel. Just an opinion.

But thank you again for everything .

1. No, absolutely not! Your highly excessive testing out 2.4 years is definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able. My thoughts? You need a psychotherapist to help you accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative.

2. Yes; however, none of this happened because you did not contract HIV! It really is just that straightforward.

3. EBV is an entirely different illness than HIV, but does share some overlapping symptoms with HIV disease. However, neither EBV nor HIV is difficult to diagnose. The tests for both are sensitive and reliable. Serological tests for EBV can distinguish present (active) from past (inactive) infection.

Yes, you can learn much from your experience!

As for Gray's Anatomy, I like the show, but it's not real life medicine, as there really aren't all that many McDreamys and McSteamys running around the hospital.

You are the only person I can turn to; please respond.
Help/Donation