Infected after 'protected' hand-job & boob-job. I challenge you dr.bob, testing after window period will prove you are wrong!(YET ANOTHER IM POSITIVE IM POSITIVE WHO HASNT TESTED POSITIVE, 2010)

Hi Dr.Bob;

Hope you are well. Thank you for your contiued help and support and thank you for your kindness and immense patience! I can only imagine what it must be like dealing with all sorts of HIV realated fears and issues given your own "virally enhanced" status.

But i have to tell you doctor bob, you are making a mistake in my case.

I believe my case should shed new light on transmission and should be used as an example to help prevent unwanted infections!

Had it not been for my keen sense of symptoms and my develping of such symptoms immediately after the hotel prostitute incident, i would have transmitted to my wife without even knowing it! But i believe now abstaining till i get tested and taking precautions thereafter will prevent this!

Please note that whatever happend was described to you in exact detail in my first question to you as it happend without any omission or fabrication. After extremely closely looking at and feeling the physical changes over just the past 15 or so days i can tell it is HIV. without a shadow of doubt!

I know this is too soon for HIV symptoms but the following is actually happening right now, i have today started having skin peeling from my arms, and the oxidative stress on my skin is clearly visible, my skin looks like that of a 60 year old individual. I have tingling sensation in my left foot, i have intermittent joint pains in my hip. knees and ankles. I am now at day 17 post exposure with clear signs of loss of muscle mass. I am having "fluttering" senstations all over my body since a couple of days post exposure, specifically shoulders/arms and legs accompained with mild to moderate weakness. I have consistent but mild fatigue so far with deepened dark circles around my eyes.

My intermittent lymph node pain, testicular swelling, mild thymic area enlargement continues, i have had nasal passage swelling since day two post exposure, breathing through nose is a bit harder. i have seen vertical ridges develop on the lateral sides of my tongue over the last week or so. I am LOSING "mass" or fluid from specific areas on my body, and all the wrong areas on my body such as my shoulders, chest, knees, wrists and elbows...all areas surrounding JOINTS. My shoulder bones, collar bone, knees ankles and ribs that were not visible before are clearly visible structures now, i have mild diarrhea since a week now and intermittent joint pain. What i do NOT have so far is fever and rash. But i am expecting fever for sure within two or three weeks as i am at day 17 post exposure now. I will update if i develop fever and rash. It is i think the main purpose of this website to edcuate on risks factors of exposure and my case i believe might change those prevention guidelines!.

I hope i am wrong. But i strongly doubt it.

With love and respect.

K.

P.S Hope you have a great time in the UK, enjoy your trip!

Hello again K,

No matter how many times you write in, my assessment and advice will not change. So for now we'll have to agree to disagree. You're positive you're positive. I'm positive you're not. So we'll just have to wait for your test results, which will unquestionably prove me to be correct!

As for your case being used to shed new light on HIV transmissions, not a chance! Rather, it will be used as yet another case of HIV anxiety. I've just written a blog entry for this site entitled "HIGH ANXIETY" that was recently posted. Check it out! It applies to you!

Regarding your "keen sense of symptoms," please note "oxidative stress on the skin" is not a visible phenomenon and the vast majority of your symptoms are quite classic for anxiety and not at all even suggestive of HIV.

I very much look forward to eventually "WOO-HOO-ing" with you, adding you to our X-files (ex-worried wells) and celebrating your HIV-negative status. You may well benefit from psychotherapy to help with anxiety and most likely psychosomatic illness.

You write: "I hope I am wrong." You don't have to hope; you can bet on it!

RE: Infected after "protected" hand-job and boob-job - You are wrong dr.bob! Aug 13, 2010

Dear Dr.Bob;

I appreciate your positive comments, but with respect, i firmly believe you are wrong in my particular case. I know you may have heard than a zillion times before.

General statistics do not apply to individual cases. I could have accidentally acquired the infection even though medically i shouldn't have. The condom could have failed without my realising it. I guess abstinence is the only sure way to escape this nightmare!

My testicles are swollen and somewhat enlarged, my thymus area is tender and somewhat enlarged, my throat doesnt hurt at the moment but is inflamed, raw and refuses to heal. I have lost a kilogram of weight before any seroconversion illness has even begun! these are all real points i am experiencing upto day 6 post exposure! Expecting a hellish seroconversion soon!

I remember i also had a small cut on the index finger on the hairy side of my hand, the cut measuring 1cm in length and about 1mm in depth which had dried blood on it when i examined it by chance after the activity. I did not however, use that finger for any insertive purposes.

Anyhow, i will prove it to you after getting an antibody test at the 3 month mark or even an ELISA earlier than that.

Love your work and wishing you the best of health!

K.

Hi K,

You are convinced I'm wrong and that you did acquire HIV from a protected hand-job and blow-job. Hmm. Yes, I have heard similar claims "a zillion times before." Yours makes it a zillion and one!

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the "hellish seroconversion" you are expecting actually arrives and if you have indeed acquired the virus. But I have to tell you K, the chances are about the same as a virgin birth. (Then again some folks believe this as well!)

I have your WO-HOO on hold and look forward to presenting it to you in three months.

Good luck (although in your case it isn't even necessary!).

Dr. Bob Infected after protected hand & boob-job! Aug 10, 2010

Dear Dr.Bob;

First of all, i'd like to thank you for your invaluable support in providng information and care to those in dire need. I am a regular reader and I apologise for the long description but i hope you can help me with your expertise.

I am K, a married 28 year old south-asian male.

If you can, please include this post in the questions asked section because this should be a very rare case of HIV acquisition i belive, in your opinion. I am so convinced i have acquired the infection (due to very early actual symptoms) that i am no longer worried about "might be or might not be" infected.

4 days ago, i engaged in protected "hand-job" with a hotel prostitute of unknown status. This proceeded to a "boob-job". She used a lubricant which could be anyhing. The total activity lasting for no more than 10 minutes. I did not ejaculate nor was there any anal/vaginal or oral penetration. She did "kiss" the tip of the penis over the condom a couple of times and also rubbed her hand over her vagina and then rubbed it over my already slightly inflamed scrotal skin. She may or may not have been menstruating.

Please note that i have a pre-existing unknown chronic viral infection that has lead to a chronic inflammation of my mucosal membranes. (this may have aided my infection)

Moving on, I have had an elevated metabolic rate (avg bpm 90-100) since the day after the activity, my normal resting rate is 60-70bpm. I am right now having off and on, pain in various lymph nodes in my body. Neck/armpit/groin. And i have started to have intermittent fatigue, hot flashes, night sweat on one ocassion and am unable to fall asleep due to my elevated metabolic rate, probably caused so early in the HIV incubation stage due to my pre-existing unknown infection. I feel a general strong irritating discomfort within my body and my arms/legs are somewhat swollen.

There is no doubt i in my mind i have acquired HIV. Because i feel deathly discomfort and illness.

You might say i am at no risk and the symptoms are too early, but an already supressed or activated immune system can cause early symptoms or incubation symptoms right?, and i have no way of knowing if the condom failed or not. Also i shall prove the risk factors wrong by getting tested after my seroconversion illness which i can truly feel "is in the post" due to my constantly elevated non-stress related metabolic rate as confirmed by a doctor, and my thymus/lymph node intermittent pain.

Again i thank you for your work doctor bob. i can feel how difficult it is living with the disease and managing all these tasks. I myself feel like quitting my job after the extreme fatigue i have been having since 4 days.

Please let me know how in your opinion i should proceed, should i get tested? Could i have been infected with something other than HIV as it is definitely some pathogen, i feel so ill overall that i know a seroconversion illness is just around the corner! Should i refrain from unprotected sexual relations with my wife in the mean time as we were trying to have a child? I have already levelled with her but she is unsure what to do. The consequences can be devestating. I need your kind assitance dr.bob. and if possible please let me know how i can reach you by phone or personal e-mail?

Thanks and regards K.

Hello K,

Even though you are "so convinced" that you acquired HIV from a protected hand-job and boob-job with a hotel prostitute, I'm quite certain you did not! Despite your "pre-existing unknown chronic viral infection," "elevated metabolic rate," and other symptoms, your HIV-acquisition risk was nonexistent and consequently you could not have HIV. Your problem is most likely related to anxiety and guilt. We have an entire chapter of situations similar to yours in the archives devoted to anxious folks who are 100% convinced they have acquired HIV. Check it out! Also, I should point out none of these folks actually turned out to be HIV infected!!! None!

I would advise that you do not quit your job. Your fatigue is most likely related to depression, anxiety and guilt. I suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. I also suggest you consult a psychiatrist to help you cope with your anxiety and depression. Although HIV testing is not medically warranted for such a non-risk, a single three-month HIV-antibody test might be helpful psychologically. The results will undoubtedly be negative. Write back with your definitive negative HIV test results and I'll include your follow-up post in our archives to help others in similar situations. Phone or personal e-mail contact is not warranted (or available). I am an HIV specialist and you do not have HIV. I am not a psychiatrist and that is the physician specialist you do need.

Some of these questions
You are the only person I can turn to; please respond.