Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Some of these questions
Sep 12, 2010

Some of the questions people ask are insane, like getting HIV from a handjob, I mean where do these people come from and how is it that they cant do simple reseacrh, I thought this was a place for people to get info that requires alittle more research....anyone can do a quick search and find out how or how not to catch HIV. No offense but there are some morons here. if u have HIV or suspect u may have it get tested...from someone who has Aids, I know I practiced unsafe sex, put myself at risk and that was my fault...Aids sucks big time, its nothing anyone wants, its not an everyday topic and to have it means your life will change. HIV on the other hand can be managed, I worked with HIV for 10 years prior to an OI so I know the distinct difference. Aids even with medication will mess u up....anything to do with the immune system and trying to fix it through manmade techniques goes against the laws of nature and of god. We were not designed to catch Aids, it was a present given to us by either man or monkey....who knows.....the fact is people who are in doubt should just get tested get educated and stop writing such rediculous questions on here....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. "Some of the questions people ask are insane . . . ." I absolutely agree. They are totally looney tunes and often I advise them of their fluffernutter status.

2. "AIDS even with medications will mess us up . . . ." I don't agree with that statement. Many HIVers are living productive "healthy" lives.

3. ". . . Everything to do with the immune system and trying to fix it through manmade techniques goes against the laws of nature and God." I definitely don't agree with that one! Dude, it's a virus, not divine intervention or revenge. Ultimately immune-based therapy will cure HIV/AIDS, just as we used other immune-based therapies very effectively in other disease processes.

4. "We were not designed to catch AIDS . . . ." Actually we weren't designed to catch anything -- bird flu, mad cow disease or the common cold! That doesn't mean we don't have to deal with infectious pathogens!

5. "AIDS was a present given to us by either man or monkey . . . ." Please review my blog entry entitled "Steaming Hot Monkey Fusion Sex" for my views on this topic.

6. Actually the "rediculous" questions are really not ridiculous to the fluffernutters who send them in. That's why I answer some of them. We all need to do our part to further HIV/AIDS awareness, education and prevention, for while HIV/AIDS remains 100% fatal, it is also 100% preventable!

Thanks for your comments!

Dr. Bob

Previous
He is Positive: Black Swan Theory
Next
Infected after 'protected' hand-job & boob-job. I challenge you dr.bob, testing after window period will prove you are wrong!(YET ANOTHER IM POSITIVE IM POSITIVE WHO HASNT TESTED POSITIVE, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.