sore on scrotum

I have a sore on my scrotum, it itches but produces no fluid, Im wondering if this could be HIV related, I have had minimal sex since my diagnosis in 2005, It doesnt hurt only itches and feels a bit raised and hard almost like there is a ball in there, also Ive noticed my mood is paniced all the time, Ive been to counselling however they tell me there isnt much they can do at this point, my viral is UD and CD4 counts good. Im not understanding why I feel so poorly all the time, I have a history of crytococcal Menengitis and a cd4 of 102 since that time Ive noticed a constant decline in alot of my fuctioning....trouble concentrating, lack of energy and confusion, I am currently in the process of walking away from my house, Im current on payments but overwhelmed by it all, I have come to realize that my situation is very dire, I have a supportive family and do collect ssdi but am experiencing issues with thinking about death, wondering about it and doing things that are not productive, 5 years ago I was healthy and working as an electrician, as of today I feel like a shell and find myself sleeping as much as I can but upon awakinging I am still not rested....I have gone to counselling at the VA and it has been somewhat helpful however I am exhausted by the constant attitude of we can do nothing for you....Its too tiring and I find myself back at square one, I know Im not crazy and have worked for 28 yrs and at 47 am thinking my life is about over....I still own a vehicle thank god and people who meet me do not notice anything.....Im wondering if I need to accept my fate and just accept the fact that opportunities outside an internet scam are futile and I should just accept my disability and the check and shut my mouth......thanx for reading

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate sores on the scrotum over the Internet. I would suggest you have your HIV specialist take a look.

If you are feeling panicked and/or depressed all the time and your counselor advised there isn't much he can do for you, you need to fire him and find a more competent psychotherapist. Ask your HIV specialist for a referral to an HIV-knowledgeable psychiatrist. Certainly your past episode of cryptococcal meningitis may be playing a role in how you are feeling now, both psychologically and physically. If you are "thinking about death," you definitely need to see a psychiatrist (not just a counselor). I agree, you are not crazy, but you are depressed. Psychotherapy, antidepressant medications and a further workup of your fatigue and cognitive changes are warranted. Your HIV specialist should be able to help.

Good luck. Don't give up!

WE WERE THINING ABOUT YOU DR. SUFER BOB -- JUST WANTED TO SAY !
Hi this is me from mexico