masturbation accident

hello dr bob

I used to love masturbation but now I am afraid to masturbate because I think I might have gotten HIV although I know that masturbation does not cause HIV! Your archives say that too! But this is my problem. I was not thinking rationally and used somebody elses thin pajama trousers to masturbate. I realized later this was not my trousers and that there were large amounts of dried semen (I think) in those trousers. These trousers were left together with other dirty laundry in a laundry basket. I am also afraid to take a HIV test because I have never taken one before as I am still a virgin. I think I might be one of the unlucky ones in this world who is not only a virgin but one who had a masturbation accident which caused him to be infected by HIV.

I am only 17 years old and have a whole life ahead of me. What should I do? Do I have HIV? I do not know who to turn to because my parents are very strict and we do not have sex education in my school. I am also afraid to ask my family doctor because he will tell my parents. I can only turn to the Internet and to seek advice from someone like yourself who maybe is willing to listen to the crap of a 17-year old kid. I cannot afford to donate to your charity but I can wish you continued good health and happiness.

Thank You Kenneth

Hello Kenneth,

No, you don't have HIV. No, you don't need an HIV test. No, you won't be the first virgin to acquire HIV via a "masturbation accident."

"Burping the nephew" with someone else's spunked-up pajama trousers is not a risk for HIV transmission. Continue to peruse the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links.

Be well.

The waiting game is over - results from Stevie
transmission hiv