|The waiting game is over - results from Stevie
Aug 17, 2010
Dear Dr Bobinino,
I am now at 22 weeks since the exposure. I received my results this morning from last week's test:
- HIV Antibody/ p24 Antigen = Not detected - HSV PCR = Not detected - Treponema = Not detected
My brief questions are:
1. Can I WHOO HOO, HOO HOO... HOO HOO HOO? Theres no possibility that I picked up a wierd strain from Thailand thats not seen by the antibody tests is there? Or at 22 weeks still not serocoverted? My partner is still ill with their ?chest infection/ persistent dry cough.
2. With the abnormal immunoglobulin results (HIGH IGA, HIGH IGM) and symptoms - should I be back at my doctors asking for further investigation? If so, what should I ask for? In 100 normal people - will these immunoglobulins be raised in fit and well people, or do they only go up when there is a disease/ infection/ other condition?
3. Although my liver blood tests were so far normal, should I ask for another Hepatitis screen as its been over 3 months? (my last one was at 10 weeks)?
I cannot express how grateful I am for your help - you should feel extremely proud of what you do and the people you help. You provide an excellent sound, and brill service- can I reverse the good luck Karma back to you? (I think you give away too much - how big are your stores?).
I will be sure to spread my goodwill, karma and education about why not to do what I did, though the world still turns and people will still do these things.
THANK YOU - I MEAN THAT. if I could sing 'your the best... better than all the rest'... I would.
Cheers - good vibes sent over the Atlantic ocean to you (if they get through immigration at NYC, they will get to you).
ps. see you at the next world cup - c'mon Brazil!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
My brief answers are:
1. Yes, you are definitively WOO-HOO-able.
2. No need for further follow-up at this time.
3. No, it's not necessary.
Thanks for the kind comments and good vibes . . . and thanks for not singing!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- Is There An Std That Causes Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.