Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you again from Italian Girl
Aug 17, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer my question and confirming my Whoo Hoo! I know you are busy and cannot confirm every Whoo Hoo, so it made my day. From time to time my OCD flares up and I need to keep reminding myself that I am OK. I tested negative with a Rapid Test 4 years post exposure. I am working on my fears in therapy and have good days and bad days. That is why I needed your confirmation that Yes, my test was good, nothing went wrong and I am fine. I often get tempted to test again, but my husband and family keep urging me not to. My therapist too! She says that no further testing is warranted. I know you would totally say the same so this is why I know I have OCD.I admit it. It is kinda like being an alcoholic, the first step is admitting there is a problem. So thanks again for reassuring me and reassuring everyone on here. You are so awesome. I know that you will be rewarded for your good work in this forum. :0) And I was glad to see that you were featured on change.org. I read that lady's blog too! She is awesome just like you! Anyways, I will take a look at the HIV Prevention portion of this website. I am hopeful that I can educate my friends and family about the virus. I think education and knowledge is power and the only way to stop it from spreading. Have a great week!

Love Always,

Italian Girl

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Italian Girl,

I absolutely agree with your husband, family and therapist. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Continue to work on your fears. You are well on your way to conquering them.

Love you too. Ciao bella.

Dr. Bob

Previous
swollen gums
Next
RE: Am I infected or just getting paranoia?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.