Donation guaranteed. Need to hear from you ASAP

No shocking story here. As a matter of fact, my current plight is no different than many others here. That non withstanding, I really need to hear from you Dr. Bob so here goes.

Approximately two weeks ago (2 Aug) I met a couple (male and female) and we decided to hook up. I engaged in unprotected oral with the male and there was no ejaculation. The female gave me some unprotected oral as well and I did not ejaculate either. Long story short, I did not think much of this little three way until the 10 day mark when I started to experience a sore throat. No big deal right? Now at the 15 day point, I feel like every gland in my body is swollen, I am itchy all over, have bad headaches, and I have bad diarrhea. Since I became worried about possible std's from this encounter, my doc prescribed me with 2 grams of cephlaxin which I took. I know that regarding this experience, I broke both of your cardinal rules and for that i am regretfully sorry. My questions are as follows. I know that both unprotected insertive and receptive oral carry a small risk, so I am wondering if I am letting my imagination run wild? Additionally, can the 2 grams of cephlaxin taken 5 days ago be responsible for my current symptoms? I plan on getting tested at the 30, 60, and 90 day point for piece of mind, but are the odds in my favor of woo hooing? (astronomically hopefully). Thanks for your work here and to up the ante on you answering my question, I not only pledge a donation now, but one if and hopefully I can officially woo hoo. What i really need now is some piece of mind as I am rapidly losing mine.

Thanks

Woo hoo wanna be

Hello WOO-HOO-WANNABE,

Thanks for recognizing that you broke both of my cardinal rules for safer sex. That's particularly appreciated because it means I don't have to type them out again.

Next, regarding your HIV-acquisition risk, you are correct: oral sex carries only a very small risk for transmission of the virus. As for symptoms, they are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

As for HIV testing, a single test at the three-month mark is probably sufficient. The odds are indeed astronomically in your favor and I have every confidence there is a WOO-HOO with your name on it just waiting for your definitive test result to come back.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck, good-health karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative.

$100 actual donation! Mother to be in crisis!
Syphilis worries...