Use of Silver Colloidal as form of Treatment (TETRASILVER TETROXIDE, 2010) (COLLODIAL SILVER, 2010)

Uses of Silver Colloidal are many; most uses never 'scientifically' proven, but as a biology/pre-med student one of the best things I've learned from one of my professors is there are NEVER any scientific facts mostly all just theories (i.e. Theory of gravity, Theory of Evolution, Flight so on and so forth) of course most things are logical to concieve but none-the-less best known as theories...

But off my tangent, medical uses of Silver have been used for hundreds if not documented maybe even thousands of years as an "cure-all" alternative treatment.

My main question being; are there any benifits that an HIV/AIDS infected individual may find beneficial, if so what that we may know of (Even if it has NOT been "proven"?) Secondly, for those on a regimen of NNRTI's and NRTI's could it adversly effect if combined?

Myself having done some reseach on this matter; the reason being my status, I feel as if the more research I do the more questions I start to pose to myself with my own knowledge of alternative substances...

Also I've always felt as Doctors of Medicine; some only stick to what they "know", alternative medicines are for the "hippies" and Eastern Hemisphere, pretty much is what they think in my opinion, since most find themselves in cahoots with BIG pharmaceutical companies... With that being said it is NOT to besmirch the pure intentions of most sincere and passionate individuals that strive for the best treatment of the individuals whom they care for, they find it as thier calling in life (as do I).

But with so much information spiraling around in my head, it's hard to pass this one by and I thought maybe I can get an HONEST opinion from someone who cares enough about it.

Respectfully Submitted,

Future Survivor

Hello Future Survivor,

I have recently written a blog for The Body discussing alternative treatments for HIV, including colloidal silver (Imusil). Check it out on the blog's page. It's entitled "Hocus-Pocus: Quantum Quackery, aka Alternative Medicine for HIV/AIDS." Just to add additional weight to my argument, I'll post below responses from three other HIV physician specialists (from the archives) commenting on colloidal silver. As a scientist in training with this added information, you, I'm confident, will come to the correct and logical conclusion about this "SCAM" ("so called alternative medicine").

Colloidal Silver? Oct 26, 2002

hey dr. cohen what's with this Colloidal Silver? is this stuff for real? is it still being studied, or already known to not do much. have any credible testimonies or sources in general reported good things about it in combatting hiv?

Response from Dr. Cohen

This is an old formula that I recall dates from the 30's. I have not seen anything at any scientific HIV meeting to support any claim for use in people with HIV infection. So I'd for now take a pass on any claim you read since anyone can say anything on the 'net you know... and not all of what you can read and find is accurate. Some of it is actually a whole lotta bunk and fantasy.

Sadly your job is to decide how you figure out which collection of writings are accurate. So what I use here - and what this site represents -- are a collection of very informed physicians/clinicians who go to all of the HIV meetings and scour the walls for hints of benefits whereever we can find them. Including any info that would support why a neglected compound like colloidal silver would do you some good.

But so far, I've not seen it. Nor have the colleagues I know. But we'll keep looking, just in case there's some real info on there to suggest it is worth your dollar...

Super Silver Jul 20, 2010

I would like to know what is your stand on Super Silver(colloidal silver) for the fights against secondary infections and boosting my immune system?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Colloidal silver is yet another predatory scam without scientific evidence. This quote comes from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: "There is a lack of evidence for effectiveness and a risk for serious side effects from colloidal silver products. The FDA does not consider colloidal silver to be safe or effective for treating any disease or condition."

Be well, BY

Tetrasilver Tetroxide (US Patent #5,676,977) Feb 24, 2004

Dear Dr. Pierone, MD.

Recently you were asked online about the possibility that Tetrasilver Tetroxide was patented as a "cure" for AIDS/HIV. Your response was that it was a pesticide with "little hope" and you gave an EPA reference.

I would invite you to look at Dr. Marvin S. Antelman's background as a world renowned chemist, who patented the Tetrasilver, and now Tetracopper, TetraCobolt, (there are many other) Tetroxides multivalent crystal redox devices...as well as USPTO Patents pertaining to these devices as to their pharmaceutical efficacy against bacteria, fungus and viruses. Because these novel devices are miniature reduction/oxidation devices that have polyvalent cations in their crystall latices, they posess unique electrical activity, and activity against pathogens, unlike the mechanism of action of other anti-virals aimed at fusion inhibition or viral replication via those target sites (eg. cell surface receptors, GP41/GP120 or transcriptases) or the terrible toxic-poisons known as nucleoside-derivates...AZT might as well be the HIV equivalent to Uracil Mustard.

In your expert medical opinions, before to discount Ag404, Could you please review USPTO Patents (5,676,977)(6,645,531)(5,571,520) (5,336,499) & (6,258,385)...all relevant on Imusil (infusion) and Tetrasil(Tetrasil marketed as a topical ointment)..both Ag404...you're previous reference to the EPA compound was one of Dr. Antelman's earlier compounds used as an agent against bacteria in water sources. These newer compounds are formulated and being tested in vitro/vivo against HIV, Herpses, and other viral agents and bacteria and have shown great efficacy against the virus and associated infections in AIDS patients. You can contact Dr. Marvin S. Antelman yourself as well at the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot, Israel. impy@netvision.net.il.

I think its important to look at the data, the science, and the real possibility that the antivirals on the market including Fuzeon (Trimeris) may have a unique competitor that has fewer toxic effects, and a wide spectral activity against many human pathogens.

I would love to see/hear your response after reading thru those patents... If you would like to rephrase the reply to your last questionaire that it "doesn't look promising" after more thorough research, that would be delightful.

Not only is it "promising", it appears to work.

Best, Mark

I first thought that Tetrasil was just another harmless and ineffective treatment promoted by herb merchants. The patent reports are beyond imagination and show that this is really scary stuff!

Data are presented with intravenous infusions of Tetrasil in a clinic in Honduras for people with the "candidiasis etiological category of AIDS". Well, did they have HIV at all? One would never know from this "research report".

"All were terminal, some, however, were in moderate condition, and others in poor" What is this nonsense about terminal AIDS patients?

"...indicates whether hepatomegaly occurred. This was an unfortunate consequence of the treatment which resulted in enlarged livers in all patients except the second one" Unfortunate, indeed!

As I read this patent report detailing the "cure" or AIDS with Tetrasil my overwhelming sense was that the evidence presented would fail a 5th grade science project. But beyond that, the studies detailed were unethical to the exteme.

Stay away from this stuff like the plague!

See excepts below:

Five patients afflicted with AIDS of the candidiasis etiological category were segregated for Tetrasil treatment. The rationale for selecting them was based on facts presented in an article by Peter H. Duesberg and Brian J. Ellison entitled "Is The AIDS Virus A Science Fiction?" (Policy Review, Summer 1990 pp. 40-51).

Only the factual presentations of the article were utilized and the hypothesis of the authors was ignored. The facts presented in the article related to the method of selecting AIDS patients based on the five aforementioned etiological subgroups targeted by the CDC, and the evidence presented, that there is AIDS without HIV as well as with it so that an anti-viral agent in most instances will not necessarily restore the immunity system.

Evaluations with Tetrasil were conducted on AIDS patients at Lucha Contra el Sida, Comayaguela, Honduras. The patients two weeks prior to inoculation were removed from their AZT, AIDS therapy. Tetrasil was administered at approximately 40 PPM of blood volume per patient as a suspension in a proprietary buffer solution (pH=6.5), supplied by Holipharm Corporation.

The results of evaluations with candidiasis are tabulated in Table I under its disease category. All patients evaluated were terminal. Some, however, were in moderate (m) condition and others in poor (p) as designated in the Table. The I and F designations refer to initial and final values as shown. WBC indicates white cell blood count. The H column, following CD 8, indicates whether hepatomegaly occurred. This was an unfortunate consequence of the treatment which resulted in enlarged livers in all patients except the second one. Despite hepatomegaly, there was no interference with liver function.

Im positive that im positive, howelse could i have OHL?
Rain Gutter is the Gutters :/