Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You are featured on Change.org
Aug 14, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob, First off, I have been following you for years now and I have to say that you are one of the most amazing professionals I have even encountered - if only via the internet! Okay, enough tushy-kissing! The real reason I'm writing is to let you know that I recently wrote a blog post on HIV Myths over on the Gay Rights Cause at Change.org. In the post I featured the tireless work that you do to combat all the myths and misinformation surrounding HIV that continue to spread faster than a viral of Kim Kardashian. I wanted to share the post with you. Here's the link:

http://gayrights.change.org/blog/view/is_it_1990_again_hivaids_myths_are_alive_and_scary

Please check it out! And honestly, thank you so much for your snark and genuine humanity in dealing with this complicated disease. I direct all my clients and colleagues to this site and to you specifically. You truly are making a difference! Elizabeth Lombino, LSW http://elizabethlombino.com

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Elizabeth,

Many thanks for the heads-up on your timely, topical and very well-written blog; the truly excellent plug; and most of all the "tushy-kissing". All are warmly appreciated! Your comments about HIV/AIDS myths and misunderstanding as well as stigma and discrimination are right on target! BRAVO! Keep blogging and conducting those workshops. Debunking HIV/AIDS mythology and stigma often has a "pay it forward" effect. The 15 professionals you enlightened during your workshop may well each enlighten 30 clients who may go on to enlighten their friends, family, colleagues. And because of the six degrees of separation phenomenon that rules the world, your message may soon reach Anderson Cooper and/or Oprah Winfrey.

And now a special note to all readers of this forum, check out Elizabeth's outstanding blog! You'll be glad you did. Really.

Thanks again Elizabeth. I've started blogging for The Body recently. I promise to pick up on this story in a future blog.

Be well. Stay well. Ciao bella!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Rash everywhere. Please help soon.
Next
Im awaiting your response, please help another dude.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.