Can a Woman get a little help around here !! I'll send coockies!!

Dr. Bob,

OK, So I want to be upfront here. I have a little OCD, maybe,,, mainly focused on the fear of getting HIV. I am getting treatment for this, but certain "normal" activities pose difficulty for me. Can the virus be harbored on the bottom of a shoe and later be transmitted if I touched the bottom of my shoe. If I ever stepped in anything that had the HIV+ virus on it and then my shoe touched a mucous membrane or small cut on my hand while taking off my shoe, can you get the HIV virus this way? I know this may sound like a ridiculous question, but it is worrying me and I would really really appreciate a response. Thank you for your compassion and understanding.

"Can the virus be harbored on the bottom of a shoe and later transmitted if I touched the bottom of my shoe?" No, of course not! But you knew that already, didn't you? Of course you did. HIV is a fragile virus that doesn't live very long at all outside the body. It is not a giant wad of gooey bubble gum!

You state: "I have a little OCD . . . ." I agree, except you can leave off the "a little."

By the way, what the heck is a "coockie"? Sounds vaguely suggestive.

Really........
Rash everywhere. Please help soon.