Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Never been asked about oral. $40 Donation
Aug 13, 2010

I was giving unprotected oral sex to my bf who is negative (we both just got tested and we're negative). I could have sworn I smelled the scent of a girls vagina. Probably just my OCD popping up. But if he slept with a girl the night before (like 12 hours prior to me giving him oral) and didn't use protection and she had HIV, could it transmit to me if her semen, blood or vaginal fluid were on his penis when I gave him oral? I have oral herpes and severly chapped lips at the moment. He swears I'm crazy and its OCD. But just for my piece of mind what do you think about possible semen, blood or vaginal fluid of an HIV+ person on a penis for over 12 hours and keep in mind he DIDN'T SHOWER before I gave him oral? I also had unprotected sex with him too but after oral? We both tested negative and use birth control. He says he's 100 percent faithful and that he would never hurt me. And that my OCD is getting out of control and pushing him away :( u Donation will arrive shortly :) Graci!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

First of all girls don't produce semen. (I think you need to pay a bit closer attention in biology class!) Next, what kind of boyfriend would have sex with another girl, not even bother to take a shower for 12 hours, and then let his girlfriend perform oral sex on him???

Regarding your HIV worries, they are completely unwarranted. You can not contract the virus from 12-hour-old vaginal secretions or blood licked off a cheating boyfriend's throbbing and fragrant tallywhacker.

I'm more concerned about your decision to have unprotected sex. If you are not completely confident that you're relationship is monogamous or that your boyfriend isn't being safe, you are placing yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV. I recommend latex condoms for all penetrative sex for that extra layer of protection (so to speak).

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
can you get a false negative result 12 month+ poss exposure?
Next
I'll donate my life for your response. I'm lost without you. I'm reaching out for help.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.