One Night Stand From Your Past... Once Again

Sorry, doc. I'm a nervous wreck now. I took comfort in your post until I came down with the exact same symptoms of ars. At around 11 days or so I started coming down with an itchy throat kind of hurt. The next day I had a rash on my left chest. I had several red/brown spots and only some on my right side. My itchy/sore throat was there but sometimes I wouldn't notice it. That changed on my 22 day from exposure. I woke up to feel my throat hurting when I swallowed. I had mucus/phlegm I had to spit out. None in my nose but felt it in my throat. The sore throat felt a little better throughout the day. The next day it hurt in the morning but not as much and it got better throughout the day. This continued on and off for about two weeks. Sore throat in the morning with some mucus/phlegm in the back of my throat coming from my nose. My sore throat felt better after clearing the mucus/phlegm and drinking water. At no time did it hurt to drink or eat my throat. I had no mucus on my nose whatsoever just felt it going to my throat. Felt a bit congested on some days but no mucus running down my nose. Just felt it going to my throat. I had to clear it a lot. I had to swallow a lot. Possibly swallowed a lot of mucus/phlegm as well. No cough. I had a swollen node in my left side of the neck. Nowhere else on my body.maybe on the right side of my neck too. I had no fever. Highest I got was 37.2c. Slight headaches and just the feeling of feeling fluesy. But nothing big. Do these sound like ars symptoms? I'm thinking the blood was fresh while fingering me then dried after. Only then I noticed it. I know a test is the answer. But do my symptoms of sore throat seem like ars? Thanks doc.

"Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

As I mentioned previously, your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Your concerns are unwarranted.

I remain confident there is a "WOO-HOO" with your name on it just waiting for your definitive test results.

I was one of your one night stands from back in the days Jul 6, 2010

JK Doc. Just hoping to grab your attention in the sea of emails you must receive. I'm really anxious and need help. I know you hate people clogging your email so I apologize for writing a third time. I have asked this same question to the other hiv forums google brought up and they all said no risk. I also didn't find anything in the archives for this question. I looked for hours. Trust me. My exposure was being fingered by a guy. Guy fingered me for a couple of minutes. Told him to stop because it wasn't feeling good. After this I look at his finger and he had a bloody cuticle/hangnail. It looked dry or "dryish". What I'm fearing is what if it bled again while inside of me. It looked to be a couple of hours old. I sat and talked to him for about 10 to 20 mins before I let him gime me oral and finger me. So I'm guessing the blood was at least that old. I'm really worried. I cried after seeing this. I basically had unprotected sex with blood in my rectum. Do you think I'm being paranoid or do I have a legit worry? The hangnail/cuticle was small but did have blood on it. Looked dry but can't be too sure it was completely dry. Do you think this cuticle/hangnail could reopen and let out enough blood to infect me once inside of me? Thank you and hope you had a good Fourth.

So you think merely by claiming to be "one of my one night stands from back in the days" that I would pay attention and answer your unrelated question? Well, apparently you were correct. Actually I already answered your question. See below. And just for the record I actually read all, yes each and every one, of the questions that cram their way into my inbox! However, it is true, I have always been a sucker for a clever title.

take on this hard question, please Jul 6, 2010

I was fingered by a guy for about two minutes. When he was done I noticed he had a cuticle/hangnail that was small and had some dry blood. It must have been from early in the day. Do you think I'm at risk for hiv. My world has come crashing. I keep thinking the hangnail/cuticle bled some more when he penetrated me with his finger. Am I being paranoid? The blood was older than 15 minutes for sure because that's how long we talked before I let him give me oral and finger me. I know you hate people clogging your inbox but nothing in the archives for this type of exposure. Sorry for sending about four emails. I will donate as soon as I test.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. HIV cannot be transmitted by dry blood. The chances your buddy's cuticle/hangnail problem resulted in significant bleeding while he was fingering you is remote. As always if you remain worried that you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident your definitive three-month test will be negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Post exposure prophylaxis
lap dance???? (3 time asked)