$50 DONATION FOR FLYING BUG IN EYE... Never quite been asked

Ok ok I know the QTND but I had some insect (don't know what it was) fly in my eye. Are there ANY flying insects that can trasmit HIV if they just bit an HIV+ person and had that persons blood still on them? I worry because my neighbor is HIV+, WHAT IF THE BUG BIT HIM THEN FLEW IN MY EYE?? It was my right eye and I felt the flutter and pick of the bug then I swatted it away. If a mosquito or any of bug flew in my eye containing HIV infected blood, could this infect me? Why or why not?

$50 "flying" your way :)

So you think a mosquito or other flying bloodsucking creature drained some HIV-tainted blood from your positively charged neighbor and then immediately winged his way to your place and flew into your eyeball. Do I have that right??? Would you care to guess what the odds of that actually happening would be? Probably about the same as Rush Limbaugh having sex with Obama. Even if your wacky hypothetical scenario actually occurred, your HIV-acquisition risk would be nonexistent. That's right: zero, zip, nada, bupkis!!! Why couldn't this happen? Because mosquitoes and other flying bloodsuckers do not transmit HIV! Ever! Period. End of story.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Now stop worrying, OK?

Il piu' simpatico dottore del mondo
PLEASE IGNORE "No pressure Dr. Bob" question