Aug 9, 2010
hi, can I get HIV when I bite my fingernails that has a lot of black dirt in it? I think the black dirt might be blood or semen. Please help, Doc.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Double ICK! Not only do you bite your nails (a bad habit), but you also have black dirty nails that you think contain blood and/or semen. ICK! I'm almost afraid to ask exactly why you think your blackened nail gunk is blood and/or semen. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Now go wash those nasty nails, keep them clean and stop biting them -- clean or dirty. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can My Penis Fall Off From An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.