Aug 9, 2010
hi, can I get HIV when I bite my fingernails that has a lot of black dirt in it? I think the black dirt might be blood or semen. Please help, Doc.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Double ICK! Not only do you bite your nails (a bad habit), but you also have black dirty nails that you think contain blood and/or semen. ICK! I'm almost afraid to ask exactly why you think your blackened nail gunk is blood and/or semen. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Now go wash those nasty nails, keep them clean and stop biting them -- clean or dirty. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush In Pregnant Women In Mouth
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Chlamydia?
- What Is The Hpv Titer Blood Test?
- What Does Herpes Type 2 Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.